You’ve seen the list of candidates – now get to know 'em. The city, its Ethics Review Commission, and the League of Women Voters have scheduled candidate forums for each of the six Council races, and the first one – in District 3 – is happening next week, before our next issue.
Here’s the schedule:
• Wednesday. Aug. 29: District 3, Pan Am Recreation Center, 2100 E. Third, 6pm
• Thursday, Sept. 6: District 1, Asian American Resource Center, 8401 Cameron, 6pm
• Thursday, Sept. 27: District 5, South Austin Senior Activity Center, 3911 Manchaca Rd., 6pm
• Thursday, Sept. 27: District 8, South Austin Senior Activity Center, 3911 Manchaca Rd., 7:30pm
• Thursday, Oct. 11: District 9, City Hall Chambers, 301 W. Second, 6pm
• Thursday, Oct. 11: Mayor, City Hall Chambers, 301 W. Second, 7:30pm
Each forum will be recorded by ATXN and put up on the closed-circuit station’s website, so if you can’t make it, do not fret. And there are sure to be more forums in the future as campaign season builds.
Copyright © 2019 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.