No, Vaccinated People Will Not Need a Negative COVID-19 Test to Attend ACL Fest
Dispelling rumors, the fest updated safety requirements this morning
By Rachel Rascoe,
11:15AM, Tue. Sep. 21, 2021
Dispelling rumors of changes to COVID-19 safety requirements, ACL Fest announced updated protocols this morning.
As originally announced in August, attendees must show a completed vaccination card or a printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result obtained within 72 hours.
Last week, CBS Austin inaccurately reported that the festival would require proof COVID-19 tests from attendees across the board, regardless of vaccination status, due to updated City of Austin event guidelines. The article caused confusion among fans and performers planning to attend the Zilker Park gathering, quickly approaching October 1-3 and 8-10.
The update from festival organizers reads: “Following a review and approval by Austin Public Health, ACL Festival will implement the protocols for this year’s Austin City Limits Music Festival that were previously announced, with the addition of a mask requirement in certain areas.”
The statement specifies masks will be required “in areas of Zilker Park where it is difficult to maintain social distancing, including on festival shuttle buses, entrance lines, areas closest to the stages, and in the limited indoor areas at the festival, including our on-site merchandise store. Free masks will be available at each entry gate.”
Find the full updated safety guidelines below:
A printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend ACL Festival 2021. The negative COVID-19 printed test result must be obtained within 72 hours of entering ACL Festival. Patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. Patrons showing proof of vaccine do not need to be tested to enter ACL Festival. A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second shot of Pfizer/Moderna or single shot of J&J. Please note that vaccination is not required to attend ACL Festival.
Austin City Limits Festival 2021 Entry Procedures1. Comply with the ACL Festival Fan Health Pledge
2. Each day, bring a printed copy of your Negative COVID-19 test, Vaccine Card, or Vaccine Record
3. Bring your Festival Wristband
4. Please also remember our updated bag policy – CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and NO liquids are allowed to be brought into ACL Festival.
ACL Festival Fan Health Pledge
We ask that you not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:• Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
• Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
• Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have travelled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
As required by City of Austin Order 20210811-033, masks will be required in areas of Zilker Park where it is difficult to maintain social distancing, including on festival shuttle buses, entrance lines, areas closest to the stages, and in the limited indoor areas at the festival, including our on-site merchandise store. Free masks will be available at each entry gate.
We will have increased hand sanitizer stations on-site, and our cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high touch areas.