The AggreGAYtor: March 19
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
3:30PM, Tue. Mar. 19, 2013
Beth Ditto lands in hot water, John Boehner refuses to lend support, and Prince Harry contemplates being a switch hitter. Offense wins games, today's AggreGAYtor wins championships.
• CPAC: It's like SXSW in an ill-fitting suit. Oh, and really annoying panels.
• Thankfully, most conservatives are keeping mum about gay marriage at this year's event. Maybe they just have laryngitis.
• Still, some conservatives are still willing to give soundbites. Sour bobbing apple Scott Walker admits that marriage equality naysayers have lost the war.
• But leaking Betsy Wetsy doll John Boehner insists he would still oppose same-sex marriage even if his hypothetical gay son were to come out. So tough titty Skylar Boehner!
• Maybe Johnny boy just doesn't have the cojones. According to Meghan McCain "being a Republican who supports gay marriage is a bitch."
• Like Jodie Sweetin squealing in Candace Cameron's ear before a can't miss Stacey Q concert, the Westboro Baptist Church are pumped about NOM's anti-gay marriage march.
• They are less excited, however, about their new next door neighbor's new paint job.
• But they can at least take comfort that their message is getting out to the "celebrity" community.
• In Nebraska, Dr. Louis Safranek wants everyone to know it is OK to discriminate against LGBT people because they are all whores of Babylon.
• Take for instance Cardinal Keith O'Brien, who apparently takes a hands-on approach to dealing with sin.
• Prince Harry says he will consider going gay if things do not work out with his current flame Cressida, which would certainly seem less controversial than him dating a car.
• Finally, a reason why they are called the Gossip.
• The American Decency Association contends that Glee is "poisoning our youth," which I couldn't agree with more. Millions of youths are being taught that cheap melodrama and a lack of plot cohesion are an acceptable form of entertainment. Booyah!
• Although Dallas City Council candidate Adam Medrano was arrested in 2000 for "homosexual conduct" in the NorthPark Dillards' bathroom, he still thinks his sexuality is a secret.
• Registration is now open for the Texas Stonewall Democrats Equality Forward Summit.
• Which is a perfect time to review Texas Republicans' LGBT report cards.