The AggreGAYtor: September 19
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
12:30PM, Wed. Sep. 19, 2012
Jerry Brown disses Westboro, Johnny Weir disses Honey Boo Boo, and Clint Eastwood disses the Republican platform. So what, if Today’s AggreGAYtor loves each feather and each spangle. Why not try to see things from a different angle?
• New York restaurant cites feng shui in cancelling same sex rehearsal dinner. That really can’t be good for the money zone.
• Incredibly brave gay activist David Kuria Mbote announces candidacy for Kenyan Senate.
• The City of Berkeley resolve to create nation’s first Bisexual Pride Day.
• Chick-fil-A announces that it is through serving haterade.
• Life is difficult for Yunel Escobar. He tries out some smoky eye shadow and gets suspended from pro baseball.
• Legendary ally Elinor Lewallen dies at 93. Godspeed.
• The Wisconsin Supreme Court will not be hearing a challenge to the states domestic partnership law. Asked for comment, Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson pretended that there was static on the line and hung up on me.
• Washington State marriage equality foes are preparing for the gathering storm. One does not simply walk into Mordor.
• Johnny Weir, whose own Logo reality show features him getting his ass waxed, criticizes the crassness Honey Boo Boo.
• Chair whisperer Clint Eastwood disagrees with the Republican platform on gay marriage.
• University of Florida students rally around victim of hate crime.
• Mittens Romney’s health care and social positions are completely obliterated by a 12-year old.
• California Governor Jerry Brown signs law restricting Westboro style protests.
• OK, I am officially beyond fed up with news stories re-victimizing transgender individuals when reporting on discrimination. It is not that effing difficult. And for the love of Lourdes Leon, genitalia has absolutely nothing to do with gender! Ugh!
• The Australian Parliament rejects gay marriage. The AggreGAYtor plans to protest by boycotting Outback Steakhouse’s Blooming Onion and all movies starring Paul Hogan.
• Among the more nauseating tidbits from Mitt and Ann Romney’s interview on Live with Kelly and Michael was Mittens’ admission that he sleeps with as little clothes as possible. Oh, he also likes The Birdcage.
• Oh my! Website Hail to the Slash offers gayrotic fan fic starring presidential candidates. Larry Craig must be fapping furiously.
• Dallas Station 4 dancer is stabbed multiple times while on duty.
• Visiting artist Emily Roysdon will be talking with queer scholar Ann Cvetkovich tonight at UT Visual Arts Center’s Vaulted Gallery.
• The AGLCC is beginning to release the results of their poll on who to put on the face of special “gay dollars” to be distributed at Pride.
• Late breaking news: Occupy Austin's Occuqueer coalition will be meeting today to discuss actions for Pride. Those interested can find more information here.
• COUNTDOWN TO PRIDE: Austin Pride can make a queer mighty hungry, what with all that walking and dancing and surreptitious making out. It's best to plan out meals beforehand. Luckily, Pride performers Lady Bunny and Willam are pros at the Pride food game, ready to dole out instruction.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
May 26, 2017
May 26, 2017
News, Willam, Lady Bunny, Austin Pride, Homophobia, David Kuria Mbote, Kenya, Bisexual Pride, Yunel Escobar, Elinor Lewallen, Wisconsin Supreme Court, The New Normal, Glee, Marriage Equality, Johnny Weir, Honey Boo Boo, Hate Crime, University of Florida, Mitt Romney, Ann Romney