The AggreGAYtor: August 24
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
12:05PM, Fri. Aug. 24, 2012
Grant Storm picks his pocket, Bow Wow gets defensive, and Honey Boo Boo bids Glitzy the pig adieu. Today’s AggreGAYtor has track lighting.
• Congressman Jeff Landry continues to make a stink about the LGBT minor at UL Lafayette. He’s probably still reeling from losing out on the role of Clairee Belcher in Steel Magnolias.
• Truth Wins Out head Wayne Besen pwns the religious right after attempt to ban him from Fox News.
• Vermont couple settles case against homophobic bed and breakfast.
• Bad teacher: Abstinence-based sex-ed guru recommends getting lots of rest, socializing in groups, and criminalizing homosexuality.
• Southern impudence: Anti-gay crusader Grant Storm caught indelicato.
• Meanwhile in Maryland, a marriage equality opponent gets sloshed at sea.
• Kansas citizens petition to remove LGBTQ protections from Salinas law.
• Pro-lesbian super PAC reveals its 2012 endorsements. Coincidentally, “Lesbian Super PAC” is also the title of the AggreGAYtor’s little-read graphic novel reimagining Jane Lynch as the Green Lantern.
• Phallically hatted Cardinal Timothy Dolan set to deliver closing prayer at GOP hate-a-thon.
• Oklahoman man’s house vandalized with gay slurs.
• Indiegogo campaign supports transgender man jailed for checking “M” on marriage certificate.
• US Ambassador to Ghana seeks dialogue on gay rights. Website chooses to illustrate this story with picture of white men embracing.
• Bow Wow denies tweeted gay pictures in flurry of homophobia, adding that his hit “Pole in my Basement” was not an attempt to come out.
• Everyone’s favorite rape denialist Todd Akin also thinks that same-sex marriage destroys civilization.
• Introducing the out athletes at the Paralympics.
• Stacey Campfield, of “Don’t Say Gay Bill” fame, thinks gay suicide is a “lark.”
• Sarah Wong’s photographs of transgender children are breathtaking.
• It's official: 4th Street from Congress Avenue to Rio Grande Street will now be Bettie Naylor Street.
• Austin's Dykes on Bikes are still looking for a few more riders to lead the Austin Pride parade.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Honey Boo Boo, Jeff Landry, Truth Wins Out, Wayne Besen, Abstinence Based Sex Education, "Kill the Gays" Law, "Don't Say Gay" Law, Bow Wow, Closet Cases, Grant Storm, Southern Decadance, Jane Lynch, Cardinal Dolan, Republican National Convention, Todd Akin, Stacey Campfield, Evan Rachel Woods, Miley Cyrus, Hate Crime