Cheekywell’s Honey Lemon CBD Muffin Recipe
These little beauts make a great start to the day
By Jessi Cape,
8:16AM, Thu. Jun. 4, 2020
Owner Anita Pluyman of local CBD company Cheekywell, shared one of her favorite muffin recipes.
"We happen to think that just about everything's better with a squeeze of lemon and a little CBD. Made with whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, full spectrum hemp extract CBD and fresh squeezed lemon juice, these muffins are a delicious, healthy start to your day while boosting your calm and focus.”
Cheekywell’s Honey Lemon CBD Muffins
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 Tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup agave or maple syrup (agave enhances the tartness of the citrus notes while maple syrup provides a caramel note)
1/4 cup Texas orange clover honey
2 large eggs
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
7 droppers Cheekywell 1200mg Juicy Lemon tincture
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Zest from 1 lemon, approximately 1 tablespoon
Icing Ingredients ("Optional, but I love the sweetly tart note it adds.")
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp sunflower oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Prepare the pan and oven. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Line a standard 12-well muffin pan with papers liners or mist the wells lightly with sunflower oil; set aside.
2. In your favorite large mixing bowl, gently mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, whisking the melted and cooled butter or coconut oil, agave or maple syrup, honey, eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, almond extract, Cheekywell lemon tincture, lemon juice and zest till all ingredients are well combined.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing with a spatula or wooden spoon until just combined. Some lumps are fine. This is a moment to be especially mindful – overmixing the batter will crush the air bubbles and ruin the fluffy texture of your glorious muffins.
5. Fill the muffin pan, spooning an equal amount of the batter into each well of the pan.
6. Bake until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the muffin pan to a wire rack to continue cooling.
8. To make the icing, combine all the powdered sugar, sunflower oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk till smooth. If the icing is a bit too thick, add a dash of lemon juice. If it's too thin, add a bit more powdered sugar. Drizzle over the muffins.
9. Serve warm or cool. I prefer warm! Recipe makes 12 muffins, with 25mg CBD per muffin. Suggested serving is one muffin.
A note to readers: Bold and uncensored, The Austin Chronicle has been Austin’s independent news source for over 40 years, expressing the community’s political and environmental concerns and supporting its active cultural scene. Now more than ever, we need your support to continue supplying Austin with independent, free press. If real news is important to you, please consider making a donation of $5, $10 or whatever you can afford, to help keep our journalism on stands.
March 17, 2023
March 13, 2023
recipes, Chronicle Cooking, Cheekywell