5 Ways to Ride CapMetro During COVID-19
Keep Austin moving safely.
Sponsored By Capital Metro
March 1, 2021
A lot of things are unpredictable these days, but CapMetro continues to be the safe, convenient and affordable option you can count on. Not only has CapMetro been keeping vehicles sanitized with electrostatic cleaning, but a few new services have popped up since the pandemic hit to help you get where you need to go with confidence.
Learn about how you can keep up with the CapMetro COVID-19 guidelines plus new ways to ride!
1. Wear your mask (or two!)Face masks aren’t just the accessory of the season – they’re required on all CapMetro vehicles, by customers and operators alike. While bandanas and other single-ply fabric face coverings were previously permitted on board, CapMetro has updated policies to adhere to federal regulations. Masks are the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so never board CapMetro (or leave home!) without it.
2. Skip a seatMuch as we miss the days of snuggling up next to a stranger on public transit, space is the name of the game during COVID-19. CapMetro vehicles feature “Skip a Seat” signs to ensure everyone has a safe and roomy ride. Scroll your phone, read a book or catch up on some Z’s in the comfort of your seat knowing you won’t have to worry about someone plopping down beside you.
3. Use the CapMetro AppMake your ride as touch-free as possible by utilizing cashless payment via the CapMetro App. Purchasing your pass on the app allows you to board seamlessly by scanning your screen on the onboard validator, plus you can easily plan your trip from the convenience of your phone. Download the app here before your next ride!
4. Try Pickup!Using CapMetro’s local rideshare service, AKA Pickup, means you’ll ride easy to your destination with the sole company of your masked driver. No extra stops, no extra passengers. Simply download the CapMetro Pickup App (iPhone | Android), check your service zone and hail Pickup to, well, pick you up!
5. Take MetroBike for a spinFeeling cooped up and need some fresh air? It’s about time you check out MetroBike, our new bike rental program! With over 75 bike stations around Austin, you can check out a bike to ride for leisure or as one leg to help you complete your next trip. Pro-tip: when choosing your bike, note that e-bikes are painted white while regular traditional bikes are painted red and grey.