Best CBD Oil for Dogs: Our Top Picks
How do dogs benefit from CBD oil
Sponsored By All CBD Naturals
May 29, 2020
In the past few years, there have been many articles and studies pointing out CBD oil as one of the best products to treat many health conditions and diseases. The number of people using this miracle cure-all - as it’s popularly known - has been growing rapidly. Anyway, did you know that humans are not the only ones who could benefit from CBD oil?
Luckily, there is CBD oil for dogs and also for other pets. In the past few years, there have been many articles and studies pointing out CBD oil as one of the best products to treat many health conditions and diseases. The number of people using this miracle cure-all - as it’s popularly known - has been growing rapidly. Anyway, did you know that humans are not the only ones who could benefit from CBD oil? Luckily, there is CBD oil for dogs and also for other pets.Naturally, dogs are people’s best friends and loyal companions. According to some research, 67% of the population in the USA own a dog. Most importantly, dog owners are closely connected to their furry friends and even consider them as family members. Hence, the dog’s well-being and health are of high importance for many people in the world. When it comes to wellness, people are willing to do anything to make their dogs feel better and of course, look for natural ways to relieve their pain. In other words, owning a dog comes with a great feeling of responsibility, so everyone is looking to provide the best CBD oil for dogs. What is CBD Oil? Before we get into details about this product that is proven to be effective in treating some dog ailments, let’s dive into the world of CBD oil. What exactly is CBD oil? - CBD oil is a product made from the hemp extract called CBD or cannabidiol. Cannabidiol has been known for decades due to its therapeutic properties. However, its use has been limited because it hasn’t been researched enough to become a regular FDA approved product. CBD is often confused with its counterpart - THC or tetrahydrocannabinol that is responsible for giving psychoactive effects to people consuming it through other products that contain it. For that reason, the level of THC in the CBD oil is legally controlled and it shouldn’t be higher than 0.3%. There is also CBD oil made without any percentage of THC, so you can choose from full-spectrum and THC-free CBD oil. Our Top Picks of the Best CBD Oil for Dogs Soon after the CBD oil has entered the market, other products such as CBD oil for pets have been introduced. Most CBD brands offer CBD for pets and it might be even hard to make your choice between so many different products. Some of the key factors to determine whether a brand can be trusted are the hemp source, CBD extraction process, lab testing the products and ingredients. Following these criteria, we have compiled our list of the best CBD oil for dogs available for sale, and here are our picks.
1. Try The CBDKey Features:
– Made with hemp seed oil – Organic Colorado-grown hemp – Heavy metal and pesticides-free – Lab-tested – Long-lasting CBD Oil for pets – Safe for dogs and catsOur top pick for selling the best CBD oil for dogs is Try The CBD. This Colorado-based brand uses only organic hemp that is carefully grown in a farm in Denver and uses the CO2 extraction method to yield as much CBD as possible. If you are looking for a high-quality and affordable CBD for dogs, this is the place to find it. One of the best things about this product is that there are about 300 drops in a 15ml bottle of the pet CBD oil, so it can last for one to two months. This will save you some money, but you would still give a high-quality product to your dog. Try The CBD use only natural ingredients and pure CBD oil without any trace of THC, which means that dogs won’t get any psychoactive effects, so it’s completely safe for them. Moreover, their CBD for pets is easily digestible and your dog can metabolize it rapidly. It can also be used for cats, parrots, horses, and rabbits.
– Contains 100% organic whole-plant hemp extract, and MCT oil – Made from THC-Free CBD oil – Third-party lab tested – No added chemicals, pesticides or heavy-metals – Completely safe for dogsHealthworxCBD gave an interesting name to their CBD oil for pets - “The Stuff That Your Pets have Been Asking For”, of course, if they are able to speak. Anyone who owns a dog can relate to that, right? - Well, this is not far from the truth, HealthworxCBD oil is really a high-quality product for dogs. Based in Colorado, they get their CBD from an organic non-GMO hemp plant that is grown on a local farm. This CBD oil for pets consists only of CBD without a trace of THC and MCT Coconut oil. For better user experience, they add a concentration of naturally occurring cannabinoids, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids great for dogs. Furthermore, it’s not psychoactive, so you don’t have to worry about your dog getting these effects. It can only make them feel better as this product is lab-tested for safety.
3. CBDistilleryKey Features:
– Cold-pressed hemp seed oil – Full-spectrum CBD Oil – Affordable Price – Two different strengths – Sourced from non-GMO industrial hemp grown in the USANext on our list of the best CBD oil for dogs available on the market is the brand CBDistillery that is also certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority. Unlike Try The CBD and HealthworxCBD, they offer full-spectrum pet CBD oil, but with less than 0.3% THC in its content, which is safe for your dog. This product is available in two different strengths 150mg or 600mg in a 30ml bottle. Buying from CBDistillery can be very cost-effective because they also offer a CBD oil pack where you can get yourself a CBD oil and one for your dog at a great price. This Colorado brand is also known for the “CBDmovement” that has been started to support the use of CBD in treating various ailments. CBDistillery products are verified by an independent third-party testing facility for purity and potency.
4. HolistaPetKey Features:
– Made from Colorado-grown organic hemp plant – CBD products for pets only – Natural ingredients – Various products for dogs, cats, and horses – 30-day money-back guaranteeHolistaPet is a CBD brand oriented towards manufacturing products formulated specifically for cats, dogs, and horses. At their store, you can find different types of CBD products great for your dog. You can choose from HolistaPet CBD oil tinctures, capsules, and treats at various strengths. The dog treats are intended for treating anxiety and stress relief, joint and mobility care and the third type of treats is for heart and immune care. There are three available strengths - 150mg, 300mg, and 600mg of CBD. If you decide to get your dog capsules, it’s advised to mix it and hide it in food so your dog doesn’t reject it. If you choose HolistaPet CBD oil you can rest assured that you are getting a high-quality product, because they use only organic Colorado-grown hemp and offer THC-free CBD products. In addition, like any other reputable brand, they test their products through independent labs for clarity and safety.
5. Nuleaf NaturalsKey Features:
– Full-spectrum CBD oil – No additives or preservatives – Made from the organic hemp plant – Free shipping in the USAThe CBD oil for pets available at Nuleaf Naturals is a fine product for any cat, dog, or other pet. This brand uses organic hemp plants to extract CBD through a safe extraction CO2 process to ensure the lack of any type of toxic ingredients in the oil. Moreover, all their CBD products are tested by third-party labs and the results are available for any consumer. There are no additives or preservatives in the pet CBD oil, so this product is absolutely safe for your pet. At Nuleaf Naturals you can get full-spectrum CBD oil and even get free shipping on all orders if you are based in the USA. They provide three different strengths depending on your dog’s needs. Choose from 240mg, 725mg, and 1450mg of CBD per bottle, which makes them fairly potent.
6. Honest PawsKey Features:
– Pet CBD oil tinctures and edibles - bites and soft chews – Colorado-grown organic hemp – Free shipping on orders over $40 – 30-Day Money-Back GuaranteeHonest Paws care about your pets and offer three categories of products: the first ones reduce nervous behavior, second promote joint ability and the last provide healthy skin support. They are based in Texas but use high-quality organic hemp grown in Colorado. Other than full-spectrum CBD oil, at their store, you can also get dog edibles, such as bites and soft chews in various flavors. You can get CBD oil tinctures in three strengths - 125 mg, 250 mg, and 500 mg depending on the size of your dog. Honest Paws uses only natural ingredients to make their products and provide a healthy choice for your dog. There are even many positive reviews from happy and satisfied clients dogs.
7. MedterraKey Features:
– Different CBD oil meat flavors – Products are third-party tested – Internationally shipping – Quality CBD products at an affordable priceMedterra has an interesting approach to its CBD products for pets. They have created CBD oil tinctures and soft chews with flavors that your dog loves. You can get CBD pet tinctures with a taste of chicken or beef, or even go for the unflavored. The CBD they use is extracted from Kentucky-grown organic hemp and they are certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority. Medterra can ship in all states and even internationally. The CBD soft chews by Medterra have irresistible flavors of bacon and peanut butter and have 300mg CBD. The oil tinctures have three different strengths of 150mg, 300mg, and 750mg. The quality of the products is verified by the regular testing by independent labs.
• Pain - when your dog can’t do the regular activities it means that he is in pain. If he is not running, walking, or playing with you, try CBD oil and ease their pain. • Stress - there might have been some accident that your dog has suffered or got scared of thunder, loud noise, or aggressive behavior towards him. These are symptoms of stress which can be relieved with CBD oil. • Anxiety - this condition is very similar to stress, only with higher intensity. The dog can have similar symptoms including some more severe such as trembling, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping, panting, or hiding. • Cancer - if your dog has lumps on the body, injuries that can’t heal, or abnormal bleeding you should consult with a veterinarian. If cancer is confirmed, CBD oil might be the solution for reducing pain and ease the side effects of the therapy. CBD Oil for dogs also helps in the prevention of cancer and the growth of new tumors.Have in mind that most of the time CBD oil is used alongside regular traditional therapy for most diseases. Is CBD Oil for Dogs Effective? Many people wonder how CBD oil works and what is the effect on human’s health. Every person has an endocannabinoid system or shortly known as ECS, which is a complex system that produces chemicals called cannabinoids even if we don’t use CBD. This system plays a major role in maintaining homeostasis in the body and keeps each internal process balanced and stable when faced with various challenges. When you consume CBD it connects directly to the ECS and works together with it in the process of keeping the balance to the body. It might sound strange, but dogs have an endocannabinoid system as well, therefore CBD has the same effect on them as it has on humans. Using CBD oil for dogs can greatly help in treating various diseases and conditions. Not only can you use this natural product for pain relief, but you can also use it for traveling. Most dogs get anxious, scared, and uncomfortable if you have to take them somewhere by car or plane. CBD products can reduce their stress and make them calm, so you don’t have to use any medication or tranquilizers for this purpose. Similar to people, as all dogs get older, they start to get joint problems and CBD chews can be helpful for maintaining their health and flexibility. Overall, CBD oil can only provide benefits to dogs, help them remain calm, and relieve pain. What is the Right Dosage for Dogs? Not all dogs are the same, hence the dosage cannot be considered for all types of dogs. There are many dog breeds and sizes, but also different conditions they are suffering from. For that reason, there are three main factors that determine the correct dosage of CBD oil for dogs.
• What is their size?Most of the CBD brands, or at least those included in our list, suggest the appropriate dosage based on the dog’s size or weight. If you have ever used CBD oil, you probably are aware of the fact that this product has different effects on different people depending on their weight and height. Well, it’s the same for dogs. For bigger dogs that weigh over 20 pounds, it’s usually recommended to give them 3 to 4 drops at a time and for smaller, two to three. It all depends, however, on the strength of the CBD oil.
• What type of CBD product do you give them?CBD oils are often more concentrated than dog treats, therefore it wouldn’t be the same to give your dog a dropper of CBD oil and give them one treat. The best advice is to read the instructions of the manufacturer and follow them according to your pet’s habits.
• What condition should be treated?The last thing to consider is the condition your dog has that you are trying to treat. If you use the CBD oil only for therapeutic benefits, for example, stress, anxiety, or inflammation, the dosage should be lower. On the other hand, if your dog suffers from a more serious condition, you should give a higher dosage with a prior vet consultation. How to Administer CBD Oil to Dogs? Without a doubt, giving your dog medication can be a very challenging task. Especially if they have a refined taste and don’t eat everything. Naturally, administering CBD oil to your dog can seem like a difficult thing to do, but luckily many brands have made this job easier. As we mentioned before, many of them sell treats and chews with different food flavors, so your dog will enjoy taking their daily dose of CBD. If you buy CBD oil tinctures, you need to drop a few drops underneath your dog’s tongue and capsules should be mixed with food. Some brands sell CBD topicals and these products are easy to administer - you just need to apply the cream on the dog’s skin. Is CBD Oil for Dogs Safe? Dogs are people’s best friends and sometimes more than a family member. Having that in mind, it’s understandable to have doubts about any medication that you would give them, especially because they are your responsibility. CBD oil is safe for dogs because it acts in the same way as it does to humans. There are some mild side effects that every dog owner needs to be aware of, however, you don’t have to be worried about overdosing. There are no lethal consequences if you give a higher dose of CBD oil to your dog. The main side effects might be drowsiness, diarrhea, or dizziness. It is normal for your canine to ask for more water. To be on the safe side, you should always do your research and consult the veterinarian before you start giving CBD oil to your dog. Types of CBD Products for Dogs CBD for dogs comes in many forms. All manufacturers are trying to remain competitive on the market by releasing new products that would be more convenient to use and have greater effects. Mainly, pet CBD oil is sold in the following products: dog treats, capsules, oil tinctures, cream, and chews. Naturally, dog treats are the products that dogs would like the most because they are easily administered and come in various flavors. This CBD product is also easy to dose and provides your dog with pleasure. Capsules and tinctures can be more effective because they get into their bloodstream quicker, so they would feel the effects sooner than with edibles. CBD creams are applied on the skin, so these products are ideal for any wounds, rashes, or infections your dog might get. Final Thoughts No matter which brand you choose, or what type of product you believe is better, you should always do your research before buying CBD oil for dogs. Examine your dog’s behavior and read this article carefully. We all want the best for our loyal friends especially when they can’t make this decision for themselves. Give your dog natural relief and protect his well-being.