Best CBD Oil for Sleep and Insomnia
The path to better rest may begin with just a few drops of CBD
Sponsored By The CBD Break
March 17, 2020
Sleep issues and insomnia can be frustrating and, if left untreated, debilitating. An astounding 50 to 70 million Americans of all ages suffer from some sort of sleep-related issue, according to the American Sleep Apnea Association.
Long-term sleep deprivation can affect daily functioning such as hand-eye coordination, short-term memory, reaction times, the ability to learn, alertness, and even mood. Because of the many dangers and issues associated with prescription sleeping pills, many people are now looking towards natural methods to help them get a handle on their sleep and insomnia.CBD, or cannabidiol, is quickly growing in popularity as a natural way to help people get better sleep and possibly alleviate or eliminate insomnia. In fact, the number of CBD retailers has skyrocketed in response to the demand.
How We Compiled Our Best CBD Oil for Sleep ListWe put a lot of time and thought into making this list as complete as possible. Therefore, in order to give readers a thorough rundown, we first began by compiling a long list of CBD oil brands that are popular today. As mentioned before, because of the recent rise in CBD’s popularity, our list became quite lengthy in a short period of time. Next, we individually researched each brand by thoroughly reading through customer reviews of CBD oil products, how each company sourced and created its extracts, whether the company used a third-party lab to test its products, and more. After collecting our long list of brands, we then began to remove company names from the list until we were left with a handful of reputable brands that met our strict criteria. We then whittled our list down further until we were left with the top 5 names in CBD that can be found by reading further down in this article. Finally, our shortened list would not be complete if we failed to read through documented reports from respected CBD journalists, real CBD users, and niche experts.
What We Look for in a CBD Brand:In shortening our lengthy list of CBD brands, we reviewed each brand and its products for:
– Sleep disturbance and insomnia relief. We specifically wanted to know how effective each brand was at alleviating sleep issues and insomnia. – Hemp sources. – The brand’s processing facilities and whether they met strict FDA guidelines. – If the products are made of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate extracts. – THC levels that remained in the final products once they made their way to store shelves. – Whether or not the company lab-tested its products and made those results easily available to consumers. – Dosage and usage instructions the brand gives its customers. – The brand’s reputation and overall customer reviews. – If the company puts forth conclusive, concise, reliable information about CBD — what it is, how it works, its benefits, etc.After taking all of these variables into consideration, the following five brands made it to our final list.
Best CBD Oils For Sleep and Insomnia
#1 FAB CBD Oil
Highlights:FAB is easily the best CBD oil for sleep and insomnia in a number of different ways:
– Product Variety: FAB offers oils in a number of flavors and strengths, a topical CBD cream, CBD gummies, a line of non-CBD superfoods, and much more. Because of its large selection of products, FAB gives its customers lots of options to treat issues with sleep and insomnia. FAB’s full-spectrum CBD oil works on a cellular level to calm and relax, while its topical cream alleviates any pain stemming from muscle and joint aches that could potentially prevent someone from relaxing or sleeping well. The company’s CBD gummies are a great option for those who do not want to use the oil because they provide extended relief through a single dose. – Organic, full-spectrum hemp: In order to create the extract used in all of its products, FAB sources its organic hemp from Colorado. All of FAB’s hemp is grown using state-of-the-art growing, extraction, and cloning practices and equipment so that the company can guarantee its customers products that contain high-quality raw materials and a superior end product. – Third-party lab testing: All of FAB’s products are tested using third-party laboratory ProVerde Laboratories. The company also makes these test results readily available to its customers through its easy-to-navigate website. – Money-back guarantee: All of FAB’s customers are offered a 30-day, money-back guarantee on each of the brand’s products, making this a great deal for customers who are new to using CBD products.
– Delicious oil flavors in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg. – Best-rated CBD gummies. – Excellent customer service. – Fast and secure shipping. – Non-CBD vegan superfood options available. – Free shipping on all orders over $89.
– No shipping to Canada or the UK. – No options for auto-ship or subscription memberships for regular orders.You can buy Fabcbd products here.
– Selection: Isodiol has many companies, many products, and many brands for consumers to choose from.
– Large selection of products. – Reasonable prices.
– Third-party lab results are not easily found on the brand’s website, nor is it easy for customers to obtain them through email or phone request. – Large corporate-based company that sometimes prefer sales over customer experiences and concerns. – The company’s website can feel too overwhelming to customers. – Hemp sourcing is not made clear to customers.
#3 CW Hemp
– Product Variety: The company offers customers a variety of products including full-spectrum CBD oils, CBD gummies, CBD creams and balms, CBD capsules, CBD for dogs, and others. – Third-party Lab Testing: Lab reports are available on the brand’s website and can be looked up according to batch number.
– The company has been around for quite some time and has a strong positive reputation. – Wide variety of products. – Family-owned business. – Non-GMO products and organic hemp sources.
– Expensive products. – Slow shipping. – Website is difficult to navigate. – Lab reports can only be viewed after purchasing a product.
#4 Plus CBD Oil
– The company has vast resources including a state-of-the-art facility, high-tech testing equipment, and a medical and scientific advisory board. – The brand also boasts a wide-array of products. – Plus CBD both preaches and practices transparency.
– Lab reports are easily available on demand. – Positive and strong brand reputation. – Ingredients list is made clear both on the products and the brand’s website.
– Very few customer testimonials on the brand’s website. – The brand doesn’t have any lab reports available online.
– Non-GMO Products: All of Purekana’s CBD is sourced from organically cultivated seeds that are GMO-free. The company also uses a highly-preferred, clean CO2 extraction process. – Third-Party Lab Tests: Each of Purekana’s products are tested by third-party laboratory, ProVerde Labs.
– Organic farming methods. – Non-GMO hemp – CBD isolate products offered upon request – Money-back guarantee – Free shipping throughout the US
– Limited product variety – Slow customer service – Slow delivery – Lab results tend to be difficult to locate
The Lowdown on Sleep and Insomnia and How CBD can HelpThere are many factors that come into play when it comes to sleep disturbances and insomnia. The Mayo Clinic has reported that some causes of insomnia are:
• Anxiety, depression, or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) • Medications that disrupt the sleep-wake cycle • Environmental factors • Caffeine if used late in the day • Medical conditions such as restless leg syndrome, chronic pain, or other pain-related diseasesNew studies show that CBD can help with sleep and insomnia by causing users to feel sleepy and relaxed within a short time of taking it. Likewise, further research is showing that CBD helps to alleviate anxiety that could also contribute to sleep disturbances and insomnia. Conversely, a study conducted in 2014 found that CBD also helps to promote wakefulness. This is great news to individuals who must deal with the grogginess that is left in the wake of insomnia. CBD can help with sleep and insomnia in a great number of ways. Some of which include:
1. Anxiety reduction - CBD can help regulate the stress hormone, cortisol, according to studies. 2. Pain reduction - For individuals who suffer sleepless nights at the hands of chronic pain, studies show that CBD helps alleviate pain by working to heal symptoms rather than just masking them. 3. Nightmare relief - Scientists discovered that CBD can help individuals with REM Sleep Behavior Disorder (RBD), which causes nightmares and restlessness, by reducing these occurrences without any marked side-effects. 4. Muscle relaxation - Patients with Parkinson’s and Huntington’s diseases who deal with muscle tension and tremors are at high risk for suffering through sleepless nights. Luckily, a 2018 study shows that CBD is emerging as a promising remedy for this. 5. PTSD relief - PTSD can cause sleep disturbances and REM cycle issues, but new research is showing that CBD can help to alleviate anxiety that adds to REM cycle issues.
What To Consider When Buying CBD Oil for Sleep and InsomniaDue to the recent rise in popularity of CBD oil, the market is now flooded with new CBD brands. It’s important to remember, though, that all CBD brands are not created equal. If you have plans on making CBD a regular part of your health routine, you should know:
• Where CBD brands source their hemp. Cannabis that is cultivated in Asia and Europe isn’t held to the same standards as hemp that’s grown in the United States. • How much THC is in a product. THC naturally occurs in cannabis, but all CBD products sold within the United States must legally only contain less than 0.3% THC. Always purchase products from companies that follow this law. • The difference between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolates. Full-spectrum products give you the most benefits because they contain a large amount of terpenes, cannabinoids, and other hemp components in them. These products are more effective because all the compounds come together in an entourage effect to synergistically interact with each other in the body. • What’s in a company’s products. Tinctures, edibles, as well as cosmedics can also have flavoring agents, preservatives, and other non-beneficial ingredients in them. Always purchase products that are certified organic and that are created from all-natural ingredients. • If a company uses a third-party lab to test its products and if it makes that testing easily available to its customers. Third-party lab test results let you know exactly what it is that you are putting into your body.