Best CBD Oil For Anxiety: Benefits & Dosage
Researchers at SmarterCBD tried over 25 oils to come up with 5 top brands
Sponsored By SmarterCBD
January 29, 2020
Today’s world is filled with stressful events and situations. But when you pile the worries of the world on top of high-stress lives that are filled with frustrations, fears, and not-so-positive unforeseen and uncontrollable events, it’s no wonder why millions of people all around the world suffer with anxiety.
According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, a staggering 264 million people worldwide suffer with anxiety.In fact, anxiety is responsible for a host of other physical health problems because of the toll that constant, excessive stress takes on the body. Even though there are a multitude of prescription medications available to help quell anxiety, now, more than ever, an increasing number of individuals are turning to natural methods to help them handle and hopefully eliminate the symptoms associated with anxiety. CBD is proving to be one of the more effective methods of treating generalized anxiety. A recent study shows that CBD, or cannabidiol, is successful at reducing anxiety that is related to other disorders including PTSD, GAD, PD, OCD, and SAD. In light of CBD’s recent growth in popularity, other, less-reputable companies are stocking the shelves with CBD products that are subpar and filled with dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and unnatural additives. This does nothing but make it harder for health-conscious consumers to quickly find safe, reputable CBD oils for anxiety. In this article, we will put forth the truth and the facts about CBD and review the absolute best CBD oils for anxiety.
How We Came Up With CBD Oil for Anxiety List:In order to create this article, we began by compiling a thorough list of the many different best CBD oil for anxiety by big brands such as Observer. Next, we researched each brand individually by looking at customer reviews, how the company sourced and produced its extracts, third-party lab reports, among others. And based on those results, we started taking names off of our list until we were left with a small number of brands who met our high standards. Finally, we further investigated these brands until we got down to the top five names in CBD listed further down in this article.
What We Were Searching For:In cutting down our extensive list of CBD manufacturers, we needed to learn just how effective each brand was at alleviating anxiety in all its different forms. Therefore, we scrutinized each brand for:
– Anxiety relief. Most importantly, we needed to determine how effective each brand’s CBD oil was as alleviating different variations of anxiety. – The hemp source. – The brand’s hemp processing facilities and whether or not the company met stringent FDA guidelines. – If the brand uses full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate extracts. – Remaining THC levels in each product once it’s placed on the shelf. – Whether the company uses third-party labs to test its products and if those results are made readily available to the brand’s customers. – Dosage and usage instructions that are given to its customers. – Customer reviews and overall brand reputation. – Did the brand put forth authoritative information about CBD, what CBD is, how it works, its benefits and possible side effects, etc.In looking closely at these aspects, we narrowed our list down to the following brands listed below.
Best CBD Oils For Anxiety
#1 FAB CBD
Highlights:FAB CBD is best for Anxiety in numerous ways: – Wide Product Line: FAB offers oils in different strengths, topical CBD cream, CBD gummies, CBD dog treats, and much more. Customers of FAB have numerous ways to treat their anxiety. – Full-spectrum CBD OIls: FAB sources its organically-grown hemp from Colorado in order to make the extract used in all of its products. All of the hemp FAB uses is grown using state-of-the-art growing, extraction, and cloning practices and equipment so that the company can guarantee its customers products that contain high-quality raw materials and a superior end product. – Third-party lab testing: All of FAB’s products are tested using ProVerde Laboratories. The test results are then made readily available customers through FAB’s website. Money-back guarantee: FAB gives all of its clients a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This is an ideal option for customers who are trying CBD products for the very first time.
– CBD oil flavors in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg. – Top-rated CBD gummies. – Exceptional customer service. – Vegan superfood options. – Free shipping on all orders over $89.
– No shipping to Canada or the UK. – No options for auto-ship or subscription memberships for regular orders.You can buy Fabcbd products here.
#2 Cheef Botanicals
– Organic Products: Cheef Botanicals’ products are organic and do not contain any pesticides, herbicides, solvents, or chemical fertilizers. – Variety: The company’s CBD oils come in a wide-array of strengths including 300mg, 600mg,1200mg, and 3000mg. – Clean Extraction Process: Cheef Botanicals uses an advanced, clean CO2 extraction process.
– All of Cheef Botanicals’ products are tested by a third-party lab, and those results are made available on the company’s website. – The company has a large line of CBD offerings including oils, CBD-infused water, CBD lip balms, CBD hemp flower, CBD tinctures, and CBD body lotion, among others. – The products do not contain any artificial flavors or preservatives and are all organic.
– Cheef Botanicals’ products are a bit on the pricey side. – The company’s CBD tinctures only come in natural flavor. – Cheef Botanicals only ships throughout the United States. – The company does not have a subscription or rewards program.
– Variety: CBDistillery offers a variety of full-spectrum oils, creams, vapes, capsules and isolates. – Clean products: All of CBDistillery’s products are full-spectrum, non-GMO, third-party lab tested, and US Hemp Authority certified.
– All products are third-party lab tested and results are made available to customers by scanning the QR codes on whatever products they order. – The majority of the company’s products are full-spectrum. They do have some isolate offerings, though. – Products can be purchased either online or in stores. – A full line of product options including oils, vapes, creams, capsules, soft-gels, and gummies.
– Documented shipping delays through customer reports. – Flimsy oil droppers that potentially waste CBD oil. – Company contact information is not easily able to find on the website.
– THC-Free Products: All of Medterra’s products are THC-free, come as a 99% CBD and MCT oil tincture, and range in strengths of 500mg to 3,000mg. – Money-Back Guarantee: The company offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and will issue a full refund on all returns. – Affordability: Depending on the concentration, product prices range from $0.04 to $0.07 per mg, therefore, Medterra products are fairly lower in price when compared to other, more expensive brands.
– Medterra is committed to quality, and to that end, the company sources all of its industrial hemp from Kentucky. In addition, Medterra is part of the Kentucky Hemp Pilot Research Program, which boasts some of the strictest hemp regulations in the world. – The company uses ProVerde Labs to third-party test all of its products. Those results are then made readily available to customers through Medterra’s website. – Medterra also offers a customer loyalty program. In it, customers receive 1 point for every $1 spent. Accumulated points can then be redeemed for $10 or $25 discounts.
– Customers miss out on the benefits of a full-spectrum product because Medterra’s products are THC-free CBD isolates. – Products are crafted with MCT oil, which may pose a danger to those with coconut oil allergies. – Oil tinctures do not come in any other flavors except natural.
– Organic Products: All of the company’s products are certified organic made from hemp that is cultivated in the United States. – Third-party lab tested: cbdMD uses a third-party lab to test all of their products. – Discounts: cbdMD offers discounts to both active and retired military as well as legally disabled customers.
– cbdMD offers a 30 percent discount to all active and retired military personnel. They also offer legally disabled customers a 40 percent discount. – All of the products are tested by a third-party laboratory. – The company offers free shipping.
– Third-party lab results are limited. – cbdMD uses MCT oil as a base for their tinctures and capsules, therefore, individuals with a coconut allergy need to avoid taking these products. – Hours for customer service are not listed on the company’s website.
The Benefits of CBD Oil for AnxietyThe Anxiety and Depression Association of America states that anxiety can come in many different forms including:
• Test anxiety • Anxiety and stress in the workplace • Anxiety over a new job • Storm or weather-related anxiety • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) • Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) • Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) • Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)In light of this, the organization recommends getting in regular exercise, eating a well-balanced nutritious diet, getting adequate sleep, and finding ways to reduce overall stress such as yoga or meditation. A regular regimen of high-quality, full-spectrum CBD oil can also piggyback on the many benefits that a healthy lifestyle offers those struggling with anxiety. In 2015, the National Institute on Drug Abuse published a promising research study touting the fact that CBD was successfully used to reduce stress in animals such as rats. In addition, a study conducted in 2011 found that individuals suffering with SAD who were given 400mg of CBD had an overall reduction in their anxiety. Finally, a multitude of studies demonstrated that CBD is also effective in treating the nightmares and replaying of negative memories that happen in those diagnosed with PTSD. Constant, unrelenting stress can cause a host of unwanted health issues including:
• Heart Disease • Digestive Issues • Depression • Insomnia • Fatigue • Weight Gain • Muscle Tension • Headaches • Weakened Immune SystemCBD oil works to calm anxiety through stimulation of the body’s neurotransmitter system and aiding in neural regeneration. More specifically, CBD helps to boost serotonin levels by binding to the receptor 5-HT1A, that is mainly responsible for causing anxiety disorders. The endocannabinoid system also plays a vital role in the regulation of sleep, mood, appetite, memory, processing and eliminating fears, and fertility and reproduction. Excessive stress causes the endocannabinoid system to become dysregulated, thus preventing it from doing its job. A regular regimen of CBD oil brings the endocannabinoid system back into balance, which in turn allows the system to get back to the business of fighting anxiety. Finally, chronic stress shrinks brain tissue and damages neurons. Studies are showing that CBD can aid in neural regeneration by stimulating the growth of new neurons.
What to Take into Consideration When Buying CBD Oil for AnxietyEven though there are a wealth of CBD brands out on the market today, it’s important to remember that not all brands are created equal. If you do plan on using CBD oil for anxiety, it’s important to know:
– Where the hemp is sourced from. Hemp grown in the United States is held to strict standards, unlike cannabis that is cultivated in Europe and Asia. – The total amount of THC in a product. Legally, CBD products created in the US can only contain less than 0.3% THC. You should always purchase products from companies that keep in line with this law. – Whether a brand sells full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or CBD isolate products. Full-spectrum products offer the most health benefits and widest range of cannabinoids, terpenes, and hemp actives. Likewise, full-spectrum products can be more effective in the treatment of conditions like anxiety because of how they interact synergistically within the body — otherwise known more commonly as the entourage effect. – Other ingredients that are used in products. Various CBD products such as tinctures, edibles, and skin care lines can also contain preservatives, flavoring agents, and other non-beneficial additives. Therefore, we highly recommend purchasing and using products that are crafted from high-quality, all-natural ingredients. – Third-party lab testing. Regardless of what CBD product you choose, always be sure you can obtain its lab tests so that you will be fully informed about the purity, safety, and quality of the product.