It’s that time of year, Austin. Tourists are everywhere, venues are packed, and traffic will go from congested to all-out gridlock. Why do we do this every year again? Oh yeah, because it’s awesome. Music, tech, and film converge for two weeks of arts loving, tech nerd bliss and it can be quite overwhelming.
Just as we’ve done every SXSW, we are serving as your guiding light through the endless maze of events with our 2015 preview. Here are a few things to make your South By experience even better:
• Find the schedule of official and unofficial listings in this week’s issue and online.
• Check out our suggestions on getting around the madness that is Downtown, or first-time Uber users can catch a ride on us by using discount code AUSTINCHRON.
• The week one preview of buzzworthy events in Film, Music, and Interactive is ideal for everyone from seasoned vets and newbies.
• Read up on what you can expect from this year's Austin Music Awards performances here.
• Last but not least, our free day party is a must. RSVP here.
Stay tuned for more info in upcoming previews and as always, peace, love and parking spots.
A note to readers: Bold and uncensored, The Austin Chronicle has been Austin’s independent news source for almost 40 years, expressing the community’s political and environmental concerns and supporting its active cultural scene. Now more than ever, we need your support to continue supplying Austin with independent, free press. If real news is important to you, please consider making a donation of $5, $10 or whatever you can afford, to help keep our journalism on stands.