Moontower Comedy 2018: Full Lineup, Schedule
Amanda Seales, Dulcé Sloan, Ted Leo late additions to fun
By Robert Faires,
12:42PM, Fri. Mar. 30, 2018
With 20 days to go before it cranks up the laughs, the Moontower Comedy & Oddity Festival has released its ultimate list of 100-plus comics, with several last-minute add-ons, including Insecure's Amanda Seales, The Daily Show's Dulcé Sloan, musician Ted Leo, and a host of local stand-ups, among them Baskets breakout star Martha Kelly.
Since October, the fest has been releasing names of its 2018 headliners (in more than one wave) and other nationally known comedians, as well as the shows in its inaugural podcast series. Today, Moontower wrapped up the whole package with the complete schedule. Make note of these previously unannounced artists and events:
• Amanda Seales, Tiffany on Insecure on HBO and the creator and star of Get Your Life;
• Dulcé Sloan, correspondent on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah;
• Ted Leo, singer-songwriter behind the albums The Hanged Man and The Brutalist Bricks;
• Luke Null, current featured player on NBC's Saturday Night Live;
• I'm Dying Up Here, the Showtime series that looks at the Los Angeles stand-up scene in the Seventies, will premiere the first episode of its second season;
• radio show You Up with Nikki Glaser;
• podcast The Dork Forest with Jackie Kashian;
• Austin represents with a small army of local mirth makers: Matt Bearden, Mac Blake, Aaron Brooks, Zac Brooks, Chris Cubas, Hunter Duncan, Brian Gaar, Vanessa Gonzalez, Michael Good, Danny Goodwin, Ralph Hardesty, Justin Hicks, Martha Kelly, Bob Khosravi, Jon Mendoza, Avery Moore, Arielle Norman, Enzo Priesnitz, Denise O’Young, Christina Parrish, Matt Sadler, Nick Saverino, Pat Sirois, Chris Tellez, and Devon Walker.
Festival badges for the 2018 Moontower Comedy & Oddity Festival are already on sale. For more information, visit the Moontower website.