So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu! It's the last SX Fest day and time for GayBi!
GAY (S)POKE(N) HERE Any last words you wanna leave us with? Do stay in touch.
Check us online: austinchronicle.com/gay.
Contact us with your queer bits: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOMP, TIGER! New York filmmaker and Austin homeowner (and old Gay Place pal) Kerthy Fix (Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt and the Magnetic Fields) must think her old hometown nuts. The only time she gets to spend quality time here seems to be during the raging, moping, grey-hoodie clusterfest that is SXSW. Really, if she would just come in the dead of winter or the blaze of summer, she'd see ... that there's still too much shit going on all the time. Oh, well. Look, there is one last opportunity to see her lovely doc, Who Took the Bomp? Le Tigre on Tour until it is generally released. Trust us, this is no Deceptacon. It is Megatron. Saturday, March 19, 2:30pm, Vimeo Theater, 501 E. Fourth.
GAY TODAY ALL THE WAY
• Maison d'Etoile Day Show Austin's new fashion-forward world order presents Matt Bauer, Redding Hunter, Oh Ruin, Dana Falconberry, David Thomas Broughton, She Keeps Bees, and more, live. Plus free food. Saturday, March 19, 1-7pm. Maison d'Etoile, 2109 E. Cesar Chavez.
• The Hook-Up! Did you miss Thursday's Hook-Up? Did you not hook up? Well, life rarely gives you second chances. Please pay attention. New Orleans bouncin' baller Rusty Lazer and some NOLA-cum-Austin not-so-motleys present this big, gay make-out party. No shit. Free food. Christeene, Big Freedia, Katey Red, Jean Eric, and more play. 12-7pm. Loft 718, 718 Congress. 478-8899. Free.
• Oh Land Oh jeez. There are two opportunities to catch this spangly, sparkly Danish electron goddess. Today, Saturday, March 19: Brooklyn Vegan Day Party, 1pm, at Swan Dive, 615 Red River, and at Perez Hilton's One Night in Austin 6pm, at ACL Live at the Moody Theater, 310 W. Second.
• Official SXSW Gayness Holy crap. This lineup! She is sooooo queer! Tecla, Zemaria, ZE!, God-Des & She, Christeene, Ricky B, Katey Red, and Vockah Redu. Official! Dang. 7pm-1am, Kiss & Fly, 404 Colorado.
• Dammit, SXSW Programmers! Really?! You put Vockah Redu opposite Quintron & Miss Pussycat??? I'm sorry, but anything with puppets is gay. 1am, Mohawk, 912 Red River.
• Uh Huh, Oh Yeah Cutie-pie Leisha Hailey (Alice, The L-Word; hot, fit lady, yogurt commercials) and her band Uh Huh Her play right across the street from the Hotel San José. How convenient. 1am, Continental Club, 1315 S. Congress.
BIG GAY SEND OFF The location may have changed but the gaycation stays the same. Spend an entire day decompressing in the warm bath of queer: GayBiGayGay is Austin's faggoty Woodstock, Bumbershoot, Burning Man, Mardi Gras, Disney World, Dollywood, Folsom Street, the Vatican, and oh, SXSW rolled into one. They won't tell us the fucking lineup either, so we will pimp our friend Mizarre who is going to perform, partially or spectacularly clad between acts. 4-6pm. Sunday, March 20, 12-2am. 3506 Rogge Lane.
The Gay Place loves you; keep those cards and letters comin’.