There are many ways in which you can provide vital service to people with HIV/AIDS in the process of living with dignity. We are looking for volunteers who have some time to dedicate on either a regular, weekly, or occasional basis.
* Daytrippers: provide daytime rides 8am & 5pm to medical, dental, and social services appointments.
* Freelancers: provide one-time or short-term assistance to a person
who has some temporary needs in maintaining their homes due to weakness or fatigue often present in people living with HIV.
* Helpers: Provide ongoing practical support for people who have
a more constant level of need.
* Buddies: Provide companionship and socialization opportunities
to those who may have become isolated and alone due to diminishing capabilities.
* Other: We can always use the services of those who are able
to donate specialized skills such as haircutting, lawn maintenance, auto mechanics, or house cleaning services.
All of our volunteers attend our two-and-a-half hour General Orientation
session. The next orientation date will be on Wednesday, September 6. Call
406-6150 to enroll. Helper and Buddy Volunteers attend a two-day weekend seminar to acquire the basic skills needed to work with and be of support to a person living with HIV/AIDS. The next training weekend will be November 19-21. If you are interested in becoming more involved with AIDS in your community, please call the Volunteer Services Department of AIDS Services of Austin at 406-6150 or 451-2273 to register and for further information.
Volunteer Coordinator I