Jewish Book Fair
* Mon, Nov 4: Rabbi Harold Kushner will discuss his new book, How Good Do We Have to Be?: A New Understanding of Guilt and Forgiveness, at the Hyatt Regency at 7:30pm. Admission is $10; reservations are required.
* Thu, Nov 7: Dr. Meron Benvenisti, author of City of Stone: The Hidden History of Jerusalem, will appear at the B'nai B'rith Hillel Foundation at 7:30pm to discuss the religious feelings that that city evokes in Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Admission is $5.
*Sat, Nov 9: Robert Cohen discusses his comic novel, The Here and Now, at Dumont Studio at 8pm. Admission is $5.
* Sun, Nov 10: Patrica Polacco presides over a Kid's Day, 9am-11am, at Congregation Agudas Achim. The theme of the day is "Bubbie, Zayde and Me." Polacco is the author of The Trees of the Dancing Goats. Admission is free.
* Sun, Nov 10: At Congregation Agudas Achim, the Austin Board of Rabbis will speak on topics including: "The Torah as a Tool for Living," "The Ten Plagues: Ego, Excessive Force, and Collateral Damage," "Dealing With Reproductive Choice," and "Cain and Abel." Speaking will be Rabbi Kerry Baker, Rabbi Mary Pasternak, Rabbi Yohoshua Sauer, Rabbi Elizabeth Dunsker, and Rabbi Steven Folberg. Admission is $5; 7:30pm.
*Mon, Nov 11: Ellen Jaffe McClain, author of Embracing the Stranger, talks about intermarriage at Congregation Beth Israel at 7:30. $5.
* Thu, Nov 14: Melissa Fay Greene discusses her book The Temple Bombing at Congregation Beth Israel at 7:30pm. Admission is $5.
Call 331-1144 for more information. -- Lee Nichols