Quote of the Week 231 results
"Baby livers for Lamborghinis. It seems that's what Planned Parenthood has come to. #tcot #Life #PPSSellsBabyParts."
– Gov. Greg Abbott getting in on the Planned Parenthood bashing
"The bomb-Iran naysayers for whom the only good deal is a dead deal will unceasingly raise obstacles, but ultimately reason will prevail and the President's leadership will be sustained."
– Rep. Lloyd Doggett,
on the U.S. nuclear agreement with Iran
"These justices are guilty of bad behavior. Our founding fathers, fearful of the return of tyranny, included steps to impeach justices."
– Rep. Cecil Bell, R-Magnolia, calling for the removal of SCOTUS justices who ruled in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage.
"Congress passed the Affordable Care Act to improve health insurance markets, not to destroy them."
– Chief Justice John Roberts, writing for the majority on King v. Burwell, which upheld the subsidy provision of the Affordable Care Act
"The grieving that the country feels is real – the sympathy, obviously, the prioritizing, comforting the families, all that's important. But I think part of the point that I wanted to make was that it's not enough just to feel bad."
– President Barack Obama, on the Charleston massacre
"I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created, I tell you that."
– Donald Trump, real estate mogul, announcing his candidacy for president, Tuesday, June 16, from Trump Tower in New York City
"They've made it very clear that they are not willing to enforce women's constitutional rights."
– Stephanie Toti, plaintiff attorney with the Center for Reproductive Rights, after the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld Texas' anti-choice HB 2
"This is not a constitutional issue. This is an issue of ensuring our young people have a safe place of higher learning as they grow from childhood to adulthood."
– State Sen. Rodney Ellis, D-Houston, on the passage of "campus carry," SB 11
"You cannot candy-coat it. It's absolutely massive."
– Gov. Greg Abbott on the damage caused by the Memorial Day weekend floods
"Those of you graduating this afternoon with high honors, awards, and distinctions, I say, 'Well done.' And as I like to say to the C students, 'You too can be president.'"
– Former President George W. Bush, joking at the SMU commencement May 16