Quote of the Week 302 results
Have a suggestion for Quote of the Week? Email email@example.com with the quote, who said it, in what context (if necessary), and your name, so that we can credit you if we choose yours.
"If the Legislature really wants to help local taxpayers, it should better fund education, because that's most of the Austin property tax bill."
– Mayor Steve Adler, attacking a plan by Sen. Paul Bettencourt, R-Houston, to inflict a 4% property tax revenue cap on cities
"We can't normalize [Trump's] hateful rhetoric ... instead of condemning bigotry, he has given it an office in the West Wing."
– District 2 CM Delia Garza at the Law Enforcement, Immigration, and Community Safety Concerns press conference on Thursday, Nov. 17
"What will I tell my son when they come for us?"
– Cristina Tzintzún on Twitter, wondering whether she and her (undocumented) husband can protect their child after he is born in January. Pictured here with Council Member Greg Casar.
"Donald Trump is the dog that caught the car."
– GOP strategist Matt Mackowiak
"With a mouth like that it sounds like Sid Miller needs another dose of that Jesus Shot."
– Ed Espinoza, executive director of Progress Texas, after the state Agriculture Commissioner posted a tweet calling Hillary Clinton “Cunt”
"The need is acute, and the time for action is now."
– Rep. Donna Howard, requesting the Legislative Budget Board take immediate action to increase Child Protective Services foster child caseworker salaries in “high-turnover, high-workload” areas
"We're tired of our two-party system. We're tired of the ways politicians treat us."
– Ashely "Flashe" Gordon, Travis County Green Party co-chair, during a campaign stop with presidential candidate Jill Stein
"I am a person of integrity –
I will not be bought, bribed or bullied."
– City Council Member Ora Houston, opposing the November
transportation bond proposition
"You've whipped out that Mexican thing again."
– Mike Pence to Tim Kaine, in Tuesday's vice presidential debate, during which Pence was annoyed at Kaine's focus on Donald Trump's bigoted declaration
– Presidential candidate Donald Trump, barking at Hillary Clinton during the first debate on Mon., Sept. 26