1) "I'm rising on the floor today to humbly give voice to thousands of Texans."
– Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, at the start of her June 25 SB 5 filibuster (June 28)
2) "I was more intoxicated than I could believe."
– Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg recounting the night of her DUI arrest (Dec 13)
3) "It's been fun, but I'll see you soon."
– Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst gavels out the special session, knowing lawmakers would be back in hours (Aug. 2)
4) "Twenty years from now, if there is some obscure Trivial Pursuit question, I am confident I will be the answer."
– Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, mid-filibuster against Obamacare (Sep. 27)
5) "When I heard Google Fiber was coming to Austin, I thought, 'well, of course.'"
– State Sen. Kirk Watson, via video at an April 9 Google media conference (April 12)
6) "Certain racial groups like African-Americans and Hispanics are predisposed to crime ..."
– Federal Judge Edith Jones, 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, as quoted in the Complaint of Judicial Misconduct filed against her (June 7)
7) "Mama's not happy."
– Sen. Leticia Van de Putte on why she's entering the Texas lieutenant governor race (Nov. 29)
8) "If I could pay people to forget about us, I would do so right now."
– Council Member Bill Spelman, before voting financial support for Circuit of the Americas' bid to bring the Summer X Games to Austin (May 31)
9) "I love the fact that I have pushed the button of your lying extremist undeveloped brain. Thank God for the rest of America!"
– APD Chief Art Acevedo to @JohnGaltTx after a heated Twitter exchange on gun control. Acevedo later deleted the tweet, and said it wasn't intended to be public (May 24)
10) "I'm probably more popular now than I've ever been."
– Travis County Judge Sam Biscoe, on the jockeying to win his appointment to serve as interim Precinct 2 commissioner (May 10)
Copyright © 2014 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.