The Blanton Museum of Art
200 E. Martin Luther King Jr.
"Arts of the Ancient Andes: Between Mountains and Sea" Works ranging from intricately woven textiles to painted ceramic vessels and modeled effigies, chosen from among UT's impressive holdings by curator Dr. Kimberly L. Jones. Through Aug. 17. In the Company of Cats and Dogs This multifaceted look at our relationship with felines and canines through the ages includes works by Albrecht Dürer, Jean-Honoré Fragonard, William Blake, Francisco Goya, Paul Gauguin, Takahashi (Shotei) Hiroaki, Pablo Picasso, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Edward Hopper, Louise Bourgeois, and others. Through Sep. 21.
- 2013: Readers Best Art Gallery
- 2011: Readers Best Museum
- 2010: Readers Best Museum
- 2008: Readers Best Art Gallery
- 2007: Readers Best Museum
- 2007: Readers Best Place to See New Art
- 2006: Readers Best Museum
- 2006: Readers Best Place to See New Art