Articles and Features
Special Section: The Coronation of George II
The Can't-Miss Kid by Robert Bryce
- It doesn't take a genius to figure out why George W. Bush will be our next president; but there are also a few reasons why he won't.
Bush vs. Bush by Robert Bryce
- President Bush signed the Clean Air Act into law; his son helps polluters get around it.
Forgiving His Trespasses by Lisa Tozzi
- Party boy Bush straightens up and flies right -- religious right, that is.
Extra Credit by Kevin Fullerton
- The turnaround of the Texas educational system may be more a matter of timing than the efforts of Gov. Bush.
Hooked on Phonics by Erica C. Barnett
- Bush pushes reading education the way God intended it.
Borderline Bush by Erica C. Barnett
- Hispanics gave him the vote -- so what has he given back?
Media Clips by Lee Nichols
- The Statesman begins to smell the coffee on Bush, but they would still love to see him as prez.
Heir to the Throne by Jenny Staff
- Lt. Gov. Rick Perry prepares for the ascension.
Where Was George? by Louis DuBose
- Bush failed in his promise to put Texas before campaigning.
City and State News
Naked City edited by Lisa Tozzi
- The city tries to make mixed-income neighborhoods a reality; local bigwigs take the first flight into Bergstrom; and a yellow dog follows the GOP money online.
On the Lege edited by Lisa Tozzi
Barrientos tries to shoot down Ron Wilson's airport amendment; parental notification heads for the governor's desk; Austin-bashing jokes; journalists bite the hand that pushes legislation for them.
Council Watch by Kevin Fullerton and Lisa Tozzi
The City Council and the neighborhoods butt heads over day labor.