Join the Big Leagues
Do you eat, breathe, and dream in Alamo Drafthouse? Do you pledge your allegiance to the Magnited States of America? Then boy do we have the job for you.
Alamo Drafthouse CEO Tim League – the guy behind the full-service cinema scheme, the distribution arm at Drafthouse Films, autumn's annual Fantastic Fest for genreheads, and probably seven new side projects in the time it took us to type this sentence – is looking for an apprentice.
The big kahuna posted the call on Facebook Wednesday afternoon, and as much as the kid in us wants to believe this apprenticeship will end in a fancy glass elevator ride and the keys to the kingdom, the only thing we know for sure is that he's looking for serious candidates. Here's the full post:
This person will manage the day-to-day life and schedule of Tim League, founder of Alamo Drafthouse. He or she will work side by side with him in the management and operations of Drafthouse Films, Fantastic Fest, merchandise, national events and brand partnerships.
Candidates must have a strong business acumen, public relations knowledge and the confidence to take action on behalf of the founder when necessary.
The ability to accept and offer regular feedback for job enhancement is essential.
1) A cinephile with a passion for cinema, food, beer and business.
2) Substantive experience in at least two of the following: PR, marketing, large event management/production, film distribution, sponsorship.
3) A working knowledge of P&L's and financial forecasting.
1) Web design/publishing, graphic design, video editing, html, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere or Final Cut Pro, Excel, Word
2) Entrepreneurial experience with their own business or as a co-owner or officer of a start-up company
The job has many opportunities for growth and promotion. Candidate must either live in Austin or be willing to move to Austin. We are looking for someone who requires little direction, is self-motivated and is passionate about the mission of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send application if you do not meet the minimum experience requirement. Applicants will only be notified if they are being called in to interview.
So what are you waiting for? You've either got an application to submit or a "working knowledge of P&L's" to bulk up.