News Ticker: April 5
• Having already rejected an idea to turn the Seaholm Power Plant intake facility into Caligula-inspired pleasure palace, Austin officials have decided to maybe let cooler minds prevail.
• Speaking of cooler minds, tomorrow will be a lovely day to speak out against gun violence.
• Did you hear about the Aggie who wanted to cut funding to the campus LGBT center? Oh yeah, that one's not a joke.
• For those of us in the habit of keeping several disguises stashed in our glove boxes, news that the Texas Senate has approved cell phone proof of insurance is reassuring. There is little more embarrassing than accidentally pulling out a leather thong. Although it does sometimes get one out of a ticket.
• We hate it when mommy and daddy fight. But even though President Obama is openly flirting with California AG Kamala Harris and Michelle Obama has taken to calling herself a "single mom," they want you to know it's not our fault.