News Ticker: April 29
Jason Collins slam dunks, Matt Mackowiak deletes a tweet, and Mitch McConnell sits for a spell. Apparitions are on the News Ticker.
• The national conversation today is focused on Jason Collins, the first active professional sports player to come out as gay.
• While most of the reactions have been positive, local pundit Matt Mackowiak seems to be a little weary.
• To be fair, his bloodlust probably takes its toll.
• Kansas City Google Fiber users give Austin a taste of what's to come. The revolution, apparently, will be mildly pleasant.
• After 42 years in business, Freewheeling Bicycles is closing its San Gabriel storefront at the end of the month.
• The two Texas Senators are also in a huff. John Cornyn doesn't take kindly to opinions.
• And Ted Cruz isn't above sharing his "squish" list.
• We all thought that Clint Eastwood was senile when he spoke at the Republican National Convention, but it turns out the GOP's relationship with empty chairs runs deep.