As the popularity of the paleo diet grows, so do the chances that you'll be hosting someone at your Thanksgiving dinner who follows the eating plan. The principles of the paleo diet, generally speaking, include limiting (or eliminating completely) dairy, grains, and processed sugars and emphasizing lean proteins, vegetables, and "good fats" from nuts, avocado, coconut oil, and so on. These recipes are guaranteed to satisfy your paleo guests, and maybe even inspire you to incorporate this approach into your daily diet.
1 large head cauliflower
5 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1) Wash and trim the cauliflower and cut it into medium-sized chunks for steaming.
2) Peel and slice garlic.
3) Place the cauliflower and garlic in a vegetable steamer and salt to taste.
4) Steam until soft (10-15 minutes).
5) Transfer the steamed cauliflower and garlic to a food processor. Add the butter and freshly ground black pepper.
6) Process until smooth. Add more salt and pepper as necessary.
Copyright © 2014 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.