1) Lemon Panna Cotta with lemon curd and biscotti Vespaio pastry chef Sandi Reinlie's elegant offering was the transcendent sweet bite at Food for Thought.
2) Orange Crème BrÛlÉe at the French Quarter Grille The memory of this luscious dessert stayed with me all year long.
3) Chocolate Pudding at the Noble Pig Good thing it's such a long drive to this deli and sandwich shop, or I could hurt myself with these little jars of chocolate wonderfulness.
4) Amy's Molasses Ice Cream at WoodPile BBQ The flavor is exclusive to this one spot, and it's the perfect topping for a piece of Ann's pecan pie from Royers.
5) Elephant Ear pastries at Upper Crust Bakery Once I discovered these crispy puff pastry Frisbees crusted with cinnamon sugar, I was hooked for good.
6) Café con Leche popsicles from Mom & Pops All my warm weather visits to the Mueller farmers' market start with one of these divine frozen treats: iced coffee on a stick.
7) Brown Butter Bourbon Gelato at Tèo Voluptuous and buttery, with notes of caramel and bourbon.
8) Hot Chocolates from FÊte accompli at various farmers' markets Flavored hot chocolate beverages so good they've made the national news – a delicious way to start a market shopping day.
9) Cinnamon Sugar Popovers at the Foreign & Domestic Bake Sale I thought the ones made with Gruyère cheese were my favorites until I tasted these.
10) Fruit gelÉe at Trace at the W Janina O'Leary's tart, sugar-encrusted little fruit jellies were the stars on a mignardise plate. I wanted to shovel them all into my pocket when no one was looking.
Copyright © 2017 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.