• Slow Food Austin hosts a beer and cheese tasting at (512) Brewing Company, 407 Radam: light snacks paired with beers and cheeses from Antonelli's Cheese Shop. $40 ($35 for members). Thursday, Dec. 15, 6:30-9pm.
• Pick up your preordered $25 holiday cupcake kit from the Cupcake Bar (www.cupcakebaraustin.com) at House Wine (408 Josephine) to get a fabulous gift-wrapped bottle of wine for $15 more. Friday, Dec. 16, 3pm-12mid.
• Zhi Tea Gallery (4607 Bolm Rd.) and Fat Turkey Chocolates present a tasting of four interesting teas paired with four distinctive chocolates. RSVP: 539-0717 or email@example.com. Saturday, Dec. 17, 4-6pm.
• Eleven Plates & Wine (3801 Capital of TX Hwy. N. Ste. C-200) presents a Bubbles and Big Red festival with tastes of 11 amazing sparklers and robust reds. $25 tickets at the restaurant or www.elevenplates.com. Saturday, Dec. 17, 2-5pm.
• Breed & Co. (3663 Bee Caves Rd.) hosts a holiday chocolate tasting with sweets from Delysia Chocolatier. Saturday, Dec. 17, 11am-1pm.
• This month's A Torrid Affair at Springdale Farm (755 Springdale Rd.) will feature a special holiday wild game dinner prepared by chef Matthew Taylor and pastry chef Jessica Armstrong of BC Tavern, paired with innovative cocktails from David Alan and Joe Eifler of Tipsy Texan. Benefits Dell Children's Medical Center and Sustainable Food Center. Tickets at www.atorridaffair.org. Monday, Dec. 19, 7pm.
Slow Food Austin, (512) Brewing, Antonelli's Cheese Shop , Breed & Co., Delysia Chocolatier, Eleven Plates & Wine, wine, Zhi Tea Gallery, Fat Turkey Chocolates, A Torrid Affair, Springdale Farm, BC Tavern, Tipsy Texan, beer, cheese, chocolate, sparkling wine, tea
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Aug. 10, 2012
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., July 20, 2012
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., June 8, 2012
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Jan. 20, 2012
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Nov. 4, 2011
at Threadgill's World HQ
AIDS Candlelight Memorial Service at Republic Square Park
The Source Family at Alamo Drafthouse at the Ritz
Finding Rail Route Complicated Michael King, in “The Reading Railroad”, while making valuable points, seems to state that finding an initial route for urban ...
Problems Facing Mueller Neighborhood leaders and members past and present of the city of Austin's Robert Mueller Advisory Commission (RMAC) deserve credit for ...
People Are the Real Mueller Story Through various media, we are subjected to stories of Mueller: the construction project. While that can be appreciated, Mueller's true ...
Keeping Austin Weird Things that keep Austin weird: 1) belief that one needs a train to get from UT to the state Capitol; ...
More Women on the Cover, Please How about putting a woman on the cover once in a while? The last eight issues have all featured men ...
- Follow us@AustinChronicle