• The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts presents a webinar on trends in food, culture, and health with chef Ken Rubin. Register at www.naturalepicurean.com/webinars. Friday, Aug. 12, 1-1:45pm.
• Sagra Trattoria (1610 San Antonio St.) partners with Langston Market to present a fashion brunch. Enjoy $6 bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys while models stroll in fall couture. $24; make necessary reservations at 535-5988. Saturday, Aug. 13, noon.
• Chef du Cinema Ron Deutsch presents a Jamaican meal paired with 1972 cult classic The Harder They Come at the Central Market Cooking School (4001 N. Lamar). $45; make necessary reservations at 206-1014. Saturday, Aug. 13, 6:30pm.
• parkside (301 E. Sixth) hosts a multicourse dinner paired with wines from Daedalus Cellars of Oregon. $90 all inclusive; make necessary reservations at www.daedaluswinedinner.eventbrite.com. Monday, Aug. 15, 7pm.
• Jack Allen's Kitchen (7720 Hwy. 71 W.) hosts a multicourse dinner paired with craft beers from Austin's Independence Brewing Co. in the private dining room. $45 per person; make necessary reservations at 745-4713. Tuesday, Aug. 16, 7pm.
• Santa Rita Cantina (5900 W. Slaughter) hosts Housewives of South Austin, a happy hour party to benefit Austin Partners in Education. Donate school supplies and enjoy live music, half-price appetizers, and $3 house margaritas and El Jimador Tequila drink specials. Thursday, Aug. 18, 7-9pm.
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Aug. 26, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Sept. 14, 2012
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., June 8, 2012
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Explodes Over Historic Sixth Street Entertainment District; S'mores Served
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Aug. 6, 2010
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., July 16, 2010
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Feb. 6, 2009
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 28, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 14, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 7, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Sept. 30, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Sept. 9, 2011
Mamma Jamma Ride Kick-off Party at Saengerrunde Hall
at The Marchesa Hall & Theatre
Finding Rail Route Complicated Michael King, in “The Reading Railroad”, while making valuable points, seems to state that finding an initial route for urban ...
Problems Facing Mueller Neighborhood leaders and members past and present of the city of Austin's Robert Mueller Advisory Commission (RMAC) deserve credit for ...
People Are the Real Mueller Story Through various media, we are subjected to stories of Mueller: the construction project. While that can be appreciated, Mueller's true ...
Keeping Austin Weird Things that keep Austin weird: 1) belief that one needs a train to get from UT to the state Capitol; ...
More Women on the Cover, Please How about putting a woman on the cover once in a while? The last eight issues have all featured men ...
- Follow us@AustinChronicle