• Circle Brewing Co. (2340-B W. Braker) invites you to an open house for the debut of its Epic Hop Bock with brewery tours, three free samples, and food from the Peached Tortilla. Full-size samples with purchase of a $10 glass. Saturday, July 9, 4-7pm.
• Mirabelle (8103 Mesa) hosts a five-course dinner paired with exemplary McPherson wines from the Texas High Plains. $65 per person, all inclusive; reservations necessary, 346-7900. Saturday July 9, 7pm.
• The Lone Star Paralysis Foundation and the Carillon host a benefit dinner for Daniel Curtis, assistant food and beverage director of the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center (1900 University Ave.), to help with his medical expenses after a serious accident. Top Austin chefs Josh Watkins, David Bull, Shawn Cirkiel, Phillip Speer, and Paul Qui will cook; the Tipsy Texan will sling cocktails; and the Derailers will provide the music during a silent auction, raffle, and dinner. $75 suggested donation at www.benefit4daniel.org; $125 VIP donations get you advance entry to the silent auction. Wednesday. July 13, 6:30-9pm.
• Chez Nous (510 Neches) will feature a prix-fixe Bastille Day Celebration Dinner. Thursday, July 14, 6pm.
• Aquarelle (606 Rio Grande) offers a Rosé Soiree on its back patio with live music, $6 glasses of Rosé, and $6 picnic foods such as steak-frites sandwiches, shrimp po'boys, chicken-fried quail breast on biscuits, and peach tarts. Thursday, July 14, 6-10pm.
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 15, 2010
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 23, 2009
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., June 5, 2009
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., April 17, 2009
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., April 10, 2009
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 28, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 14, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 7, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Sept. 30, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Sept. 9, 2011
at Threadgill's World HQ
AIDS Candlelight Memorial Service at Republic Square Park
The Source Family at Alamo Drafthouse at the Ritz
Finding Rail Route Complicated Michael King, in “The Reading Railroad”, while making valuable points, seems to state that finding an initial route for urban ...
Problems Facing Mueller Neighborhood leaders and members past and present of the city of Austin's Robert Mueller Advisory Commission (RMAC) deserve credit for ...
People Are the Real Mueller Story Through various media, we are subjected to stories of Mueller: the construction project. While that can be appreciated, Mueller's true ...
Keeping Austin Weird Things that keep Austin weird: 1) belief that one needs a train to get from UT to the state Capitol; ...
More Women on the Cover, Please How about putting a woman on the cover once in a while? The last eight issues have all featured men ...
- Follow us@AustinChronicle