• The Sunset Valley Farmers Market Christmas Faire (Toney Burger Activity Center, 3200 Jones, www.svfm.org) runs for three weekends beginning this Saturday. Get photos of Santa with the kids during the weekly shopping spree. Saturday, Dec. 5, 9am-1pm.
• Begin the Hill Country Holiday Wine Trail at Texas Hills Vineyard (830/868-2321, www.texashillsvineyard.com) with wine tastings, food samples, and gift ideas. Saturdays, Dec. 5 & 12, 10am-5pm; Sundays, Dec. 6 & 13, noon-5pm.
• Enjoy a day of family fun, carnival booths, beer, pizza, and wacky contests such as Hands on an Eggplant Sub, Extreme Pizza Eating, and Pizza Dough Tossing at the fourth annual Carnival-O-Pizza at Home Slice Pizza (1415 S. Congress, 444-PIES, www.homeslicepizza.com). Proceeds benefit Austin Pets Alive. Saturday, Dec. 5, noon-7pm.
• Reel Women hosts a workshop and screening of Ellen Frankenstein's documentary about one woman's emerging connection to local food sources, entitled Eating Alaska, at the Independent at 501 Studios (501 N. I-35). For complete details, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Sunday, Dec. 6: workshop, 1-3pm; screening, 3:30pm.
• Chef Virginia Morgan presents an Un-Cooking Class for savory seasonal dishes at Casa de Luz (Cielo room, 1701 Toomey). $135 includes recipes, food samples, and vegan eating tips. Make necessary reservations at 828-7404. Sunday, Dec. 6, 1:30-5:30pm.
• Dai Due chef Jesse Griffiths will present a seasonal chicken and dumplings dinner with live music at the HOPE Farmers Market (414 Waller). $40 per person, BYOB. Sunday, Dec. 6, 7pm.
• The monthly Wine Me Dine Me dinner at Cafe Josie (1200-B W. Sixth, 322-9226, www.cafejosie.com) is a sparkling holiday celebration with a menu paired with sparkling wines from around the world. $75 per person, reservations necessary. Tuesday, Dec. 8, 6-9pm.
Elevation Burger, Sunset Valley Farmers Market Christmas Faire, Hill Country Holiday Wine Trail, Texas Hills Vineyard, Carnival-O-Pizza, Home Slice Pizza, Reel Women, Ellen Frankenstein, Eating Alaska, Virginia Morgan, Casa de Luz, Dai Due, Jesse Griffiths, HOPE Farme