• Gary and Kathy Gilstrap of Texas Hills Vineyard (830/868-2321, www.texashillsvineyard.com) invite wine lovers to celebrate the vineyard's 10th anniversary with a day of festivities including arts & crafts vendors, booksignings, food booths, vineyard hayrides culminating in winery tours, and tastings of four of their wines. Saturday, April 18, 10am-6pm.
• Enjoy a festive crawfish boil on the new multilevel decks overlooking the scenic San Marcos River at Three Dudes Winery (125 Amy Ln. in San Marcos, 830/392-9808, www.threedudeswinery.com), with live music by Mike Duecy. $12 per person. Sunday, April 19, 2-6pm.
• Members of the Austin restaurant community are coming together to raise money for the medical expenses of former Texas Culinary Academy student and recent Uchi employee Ryan Creeden, who was seriously injured in an automobile accident. The benefit and silent auction will be held at Botticelli's (1321 S. Congress, 916-1315, www.botticellissouthcongress.com). Creeden was recently moved to a hospital in Massachusetts closer to his family home. For more on Creeden's condition and future fundraisers, go to www.creedenfamilyupdate.blogspot.com. Sunday, April 19, 3-7pm.
• Celebrate National Poetry Month and the 400th anniversary of the publication of Shake-speares Sonnets at a Poetry on the Plaza event at the Harry Ransom Center (21st Street & Guadalupe on the UT campus). Shakespearean scholars, poets, actors, and students will read all 154 sonnets and "A Lover's Complaint." Cake will be served, and the event will be webcast live. Wednesday, April 22, beginning at noon.
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., July 8, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 15, 2010
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 23, 2009
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., June 5, 2009
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., April 10, 2009
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 28, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 14, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Oct. 7, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Sept. 30, 2011
Virginia B. Wood, Fri., Sept. 9, 2011
Funniest Person In Austin 2013 at Cap City Comedy Club
Mind Over Music at The Palm Door
American Milkshake at Texas Spirit Theater at the Bullock Texas State History Museum
Finding Rail Route Complicated Michael King, in “The Reading Railroad”, while making valuable points, seems to state that finding an initial route for urban ...
Problems Facing Mueller Neighborhood leaders and members past and present of the city of Austin's Robert Mueller Advisory Commission (RMAC) deserve credit for ...
People Are the Real Mueller Story Through various media, we are subjected to stories of Mueller: the construction project. While that can be appreciated, Mueller's true ...
Keeping Austin Weird Things that keep Austin weird: 1) belief that one needs a train to get from UT to the state Capitol; ...
More Women on the Cover, Please How about putting a woman on the cover once in a while? The last eight issues have all featured men ...
- Follow us@AustinChronicle