SXSW Interactive Confirms 200 More Panels
From A to Zuckerberg (no, not that one)
By Monica Riese,
2:30PM, Tue. Nov. 12, 2013
Austin's biggest festival just keeps getting bigger.
The team over at South by Southwest Interactive dropped another slate of Conference sessions this afternoon, tacking 200 more events onto the bustling March 7-11 calendar.
• Mark Zuckerberg's sister, Randi Zuckerberg, whose book Dot Complicated hit shelves last week
• Instagram's Dan Toffey on professional photography in the age of social media
• Dozens of folks promising to help improve your marketing skills, crowdfunding campaigns, and workplace health
• Soylent's Rob Rhinehart
• A charmingly titled panel – How to Say 'Fuck No' and Still Have Them Love You – by Ocupop's Michael Nieling
• Perennial panels on women and minorities in tech
• Cornell University's Hod Lipson on the technology of robotic drivers
• The usual spate of saucy panel titles, including Life Lessons From a Professional Dominatrix and at least four that include the word "porn"
• Upworthy's Joseph Lamour on How to Make Everything Go Viral: Just Kidding. (Spoiler alert: Last year's Upworthy presentation emphasized good content and better headlines, and judging by our Facebook feeds, it's working.)
• Kevin Bacon, presumably talking about how every single one of these speakers is connected by six degrees or fewer
You can find the full list of today's additions on the SXSW blog.
These latest 200-plus join the ranks of the first 500 sessions, announced last month, and two keynote speakers: Newspaper Blackout wordsmith Austin Kleon and Mythbusters madman Adam Savage.
SXSW runs March 7-16, 2014. Keep up with all our ongoing coverage of the event at austinchronicle.com/sxsw.