Welcome to Austin. We hope you hit the ground running.
• We have it on good authority that Gary Clark Jr. will play a free show at Mohawk following the premiere of Jon Favreau's Chef, which kicks off South by Southwest Film at the Paramount tonight at 6:30pm. If you make it, report back!
• Jimmy Kimmel has announced the guests for his show's weeklong stint at the Long Center. Tune in for guest appearances by Neighbors' Seth Rogen, Snoop Dogg, Cesar Chavez's Rosario Dawson, Robert Duvall (A Night in Old Mexico), Rachael Ray, Gov. Goodhair, and more, as well as music performances by Willie Nelson, White Denim, and others.
• Acquisition and distribution news is already ramping up, and the lights haven't even gone down for the first screenings yet. Picturehouse picked up U.S. rights to Simon Barrett and Adam Wingard's The Guest, and Sony Pictures Worldwide has acquired international rights to Space Station 76, which stars Matt Bomer, Patrick Wilson, and Liv Tyler. Meanwhile, comedy Buzzard goes to Oscilloscope.
• It's not just the films getting representation, either. Deadline Hollywood reports that Hellion writer/director Kat Candler has signed with ICM Partners. Meanwhile, Ping Pong Summer director Michael Tully is now with Resolution.
• The second original series for Robert Rodriguez's El Rey Network, Matador, announced yesterday that Austin local Gabriel Luna will play the show's lead. Look for Matador to premiere in July, or catch the network's first show, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series at SXSW this week.
Got tips? Email email@example.com.
Copyright © 2016 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.