The news goes on … Forever
By Monica Riese,
3:01PM, Wed. Oct. 9, 2013
From the full Forever Fest slate to the latest award nods, we've got you covered for your Austin film industry news needs.
• The ladies at Forever Fest announced their full programming slate today, including everything from a young adult book panel to a Rex Manning Day party. Scoot over to www.foreverfest.com for complete details and information on tickets, which go on sale Monday.
• The Wittliff Collections at Texas State University will host a screening of Shepard & Dark tomorrow night, at 7pm, along with a director's talk by Treva Wurmfeld. The free event is presented in conjunction with The Writer's Road: Selections from the Sam Shepard Papers, the exhibit on view through Feb. 14, 2014. UT Press releases a book full of their correspondence this month as well: Two Prospectors: The Letters of Sam Shepard & Johnny Dark.
• In case you missed it during South by Southwest last spring, An Unreal Dream: The Michael Morton Story is returning to the big screen Tuesday, Oct. 15, brought to you by the Austin Film Society. You'll find event details , or you can read our interview with the filmmakers here.
• Home Movie Day is coming to the AFS Screening Room on Saturday, Oct. 19, brought to you by Experimental Response Cinema, Texas Archive of the Movie Image, and, of course, the Austin Film Society. Start rummaging through those dusty bins in the attic now to pick your favorites; they'll have 8mm, Super-8, and 16mm projectors standing by.
• As Halloween approaches, you know the anniversary of Orson Welles' War of the Worlds draws nigh. In celebration of the broadcast's 75th anniversary, PBS is airing a new documentary special from American Experience on Tuesday, Oct. 29, 9pm.
• Speaking of PBS, Austin's own Mario Troncoso wrote last week to let us know the good news that Arts in Context had been nominated for 10 Lone Star Emmy awards, including three in one category. Congrats, guys! Check out the full list here, and then watch the trailer for the first episode of the next season below:
Got tips? Email email@example.com.