News Ticker: May 7
All the news that's fit to blog
By Brandon Watson,
3:40PM, Tue. May 7, 2013
Steve Hotze sells some snake oil, Harry Reid feels personally victimized, and Terry Canales shoots from the hip. Opinions are on the News Ticker.
• If you ever wanted to know what it would be like walking in George W. Bush's shoes, today's RunTex auction will give you that chance. Tinactin is not included.
• A new House bill seeks to do away with vehicle inspection stickers.
• Although his personal views are somewhat off-kilter, Dr. Steve Hotze's anti-Obamacare lawsuit has full GOP support. We guess that's what happens when one crosses palms with so much colloidal silver.
• Unfortunately for Harry Reid, there is no "It Get's Better" video for Senate Majority Leaders.
• Besides, standing up to Ted Cruz wouldn't do any good. Apparently, he's some sort of weird energy vampire.
• Gun hoarder and Jos. A. Bank model Terry Canales has his doubts about the proposed Texas campus carry law.
• According to Site Selection magazine, Texas is the most competitive of its "Top Ten Competitive States." Although we suppose this is good news for job seekers, it makes playing Trivial Pursuit with Texas insufferable.