The AggreGAYtor: December 26
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
12:45PM, Wed. Dec. 26, 2012
Katt Williams names names, Newt Gingrich faces reality, and Mark Regnerus chokes the ideological chicken. Today’s AggreGAYtor’s back again, doin' a little east coast fling.
• The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals puts the kibosh on California’s conversion therapy ban because forcing scared teenagers to candy coat themselves in a brittle heterosexual shell is apparently some form of speech.
• In a bit of holiday largesse, Time Warner Cable has donated a learning lab to the Superstorm Sandy devastated Ali Forney Center for homeless LGBT youth.
• The Boy Scouts refuse to accept that San Diego is just not that into them.
• Stacie Laughton, New Hampshire’s first transgender legislator, is planning to announce her candidacy in the special election for the seat she vacated due to revelations of criminal past.
• Washington State salons are in fierce competition to snag Gregory B. Augustus, Texas’ most witheringly charming wit.
• Newt Gingrich, a can of ranch style beans bloated with botulism, opines on the inevitability of marriage equality.
• This was apparently greeted by NOMinatrix Frank Schubert with some chagrin.
• In his zeal to become the next Secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel will say anything to appeal to Obama’s liberal(ish) base. I think it’s time we made him recite Will Smith lyrics while wearing Mila Jovovich’s bandage body suit from the Fifth Element.
• Rat Mouth Florida appoints 17-year-old gay activist Tyler Morrison to its city board.
• No Virginia. There is not a Santa Claus.
• Inept waiters brandishing huge beltway rumor mills are waxing rhapsodic about the piquancy that Barney Frank will add to John Kerry’s senatorial salad.
• A Canadian teacher has been suspended for a showing his class a video featuring drag(ish) queens, Bette Midler lip-synching and a particularly insouciant banana.
• Cameroon Archbishop Victor Tonye Bakot calls same sex marriage a “crime against humanity.” You know, like Uggs.
• According to activists, the US Pentecostal Church is complicit in the rise of anti-LGBT hatred in Africa.
• David Kuria, Kenya’s first out political candidate, ends his campaign over threats of violence – is still a bigger badass than any one of us.
• Chelsea Clinton gives side-eye to bigoted pastor Rick Warren.
• Seeing Mickey Rourkeat a gay bar is sorta like when you accidentally sip a watered down cola thinking it’s your iced tea and your entire day is thrown off kilter.
• Comedian Katt Williams accuses Jamie Foxx of being as gay as Django Unchained is long.
• Transphobic former Miss USA contestant Sheena Monnin loses defamation lawsuit against Donald Trump. Claps, I guess?
• The Texas Supreme Court will decide if the Fort Worth Episcopal diocese gets to keep its property after its break with the national church over LGBT ordination.
• UTs little bundle of joy Mark Regnerus is now saying that porn use is correlated with gay marriage support. Not sure if the pornpiphany comes before or after the wadded up paper towel is thrown on the floor.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Aug. 26, 2016
Aug. 19, 2016
News, Chelsea Clinton, Rick Warren, Homophobia in Africa, Newt Gingrich, Ali Forney Center, Boy Scouts, Marriage Equality, Chuck Hagel, Mickey Rourke, Jamie Foxx, Katt Williams, Miss USA, MArk Regnerus