The AggreGAYtor: December 14
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
11:15AM, Fri. Dec. 14, 2012
Anderson Cooper makes a fashion decision, Bryan Fischer talks genetics, and Charlie Crist has deep regrets. Nobody puts today’s AggreGAYtor in the corner.
• Ugandan LGBT activist Frank Mugisha says that the “Kill the Gays” might fall off the books tomorrow unless Speaker of Parliament Rebecca Kadaga extends lawmaking session.
• Meanwhile, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm is hobnobbing at the Vatican, where she received a blessing from Pope Benedict. Benny’s complicit approval of state-sanctioned murder makes one wonder if he somehow confused Jesus with one of the hippie sadists from the Last House on the Left.
• Congressional Republicans, the only group preventing the Democrats from recreating the shopping montage from Camp Beverly Hills, have secretly upped the amount spent on defending DOMA.
• Marriage equality advocates in Illinois say they are very close to having enough votes to enter the 21st century.
• A new poll in Indiana reveals that the majority of Hoosiers are against banning marriage equality.
• A Chicago area transgender man has filed a discrimination complaint for being kicked out of men’s shower area of spa.
• In Queens, a transgender woman is alleging that the Human Resources Administration blocked changing her gender marker due to bias.
• A Californian lesbian couple give birth (not BOTH of them, obviously, science nerd) to a son on 12/12/12 at exactly 12:12. They name him Damion. While I am sure the child will grow up to be an altruist and will never, ever consider hanging his nanny; I am still sending the happy couple a gift set of seven ancient daggers just in case.
• Buckingham Palace honors trans activist April Ashley. One wonders, however, why the BBC did not select a better picture to accompany the article. That is unless Ms. Ashley really is one of the Engineers from Prometheus.
• Charlie Crist, the most successful aloompni of Willy Wonka University, wants his new Democratic pals to know he regrets voting to ban same sex marriage in Florida.
• Gay Macy’s employee Allan Fonseca is being applauded for his role in bringing people to safety during the recent Oregon mall shooting.
• I am continually confounded that President Bommers’ (in my dreams that’s what I call him when him and Michelle come over for Thursday night Scatagories) keeps throwing bones to the religious right. I’m still smarting that he chose goateed goon Rick Warren for his invocation. And now he is considering Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense. Maybe it’s just me, but if the repeal of DADT is one of the crowning jewels of his first term, maybe he ought to nominate someone who supported it?
• Bitter Retsyn Frosty Bryan Fischer has concerns that discovery of a gay gene would lead to more abortions, therefore giving him no one to persecute.
• The Association of Bragg Officers’ Spouses might let a lesbian in after all.
• Two Brazilian teenagers are using the gay panic defense to explain the murder of Lawrence Corrêa Biancão.
• Los Angeles mother Kelly Cole will not be using Manhunt Mobile due to objections to “porn-iness” of Times Square billboard.
• Jose Alfonso Aviles has been sentenced to life for the murder of Norma and Maria Hurtado.