The AggreGAYtor: December 3
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson, 1:30PM, Mon. Dec. 3, 2012
Hillary Clinton plays coy, Sophia Vergara gives into her basic instinct, and the SCOTUS demands more cowbell. Six o'clock already, today’s AggreGAYtor was just in the middle of a dream.
• The Supreme Court again declined to issue orders on any pending marriage equality case today, instead deciding to fulfill their life-long dream to become a good time rock-and-roll band. Justice Sonia Sotomayor reportedly plays a killer triangle.
• Mallory Owens, the Alabaman lesbian who was brutally beaten over Thanksgiving weekend by her girlfriend’s brother, is stepping back from recent claims that the attack was not motivated by sexuality.
• Miami student Nacrisha Cash alleges she was the victim of hate crime in gas station assault.
• Although the thought of cops singing show tunes from the Wizard of Oz seems deliciously campy, it is probably a little less so if you are wrongly arrested by said cops.
• Citibank is going in the AggreGAYtor’s corporate burn book because it’s a grotsky, little byotch.
• Trans high schooler James Spencer wins his restroom rights fight against Ontario school district.
• Ain’t no marriage like a West Point same sex marriage, cuz a same sex marriage don’t stop.
• Unfortunately, once married, the happy couple will still be viewed as living single by the military. Because with DOMA still in place, we are still living in a 90s kind of world.
• The Michigan Senate advances a bill that would allow health providers to refuse care based on ill-defined “moral objections.” When asked how such a denial would square with Christian teachings, the proponents cite a little-known Psalm that depicts Jesus kicking a leper.
• Ryan Andresen, the Boy Scout denied Eagle status recently featured on “Ellen,” receives recognition from the California Assembly – which is infinitely cooler than some old badge.
• Pennsylvania state rep Mike Fleck is the Trojan horse of gaypublicans.
• Dr. Drew Pinksy, a genetically modified orange molding in your refrigerator crisper, is the latest misery profiteer to take up conversion therapy.
• Sexy, sexy Cosmopolitan Magazine, purveyor of all the sexually, sexy sex ways sexy, sexy women can sexually please their sexy, sexy men, takes on the issue of asexuality with a surprisingly measured tone.
• A first of its kind LGBT-positive mosque opens at the end of the month in Paris.
• Hillary Clinton’s team diplomatically fails to clarify her position on marriage equality.
• Show and tell time – pundicks edition! Here’s Fox’s gastrointestinal anchor Steve Doocey talking to a balding helium balloon about issues of interest to LGBTQIA communities.
• And here’s Dan Savage making an absolutely hilarious joke about an “ex” gays “lesbian” haircut.
• Lastly, here’s Wonkette editor Rebecca Schoenkopf questioning Stacie Laughton’s gender identity because she doesn’t doll herself up enough.
• Janee Harteau becomes Minneapolis’ first openly lesbian police chief.
• In Hollywood news, Sharon Stoneand Modern Family’s Sophia Vergara embark on cinematic Sapphism for John Turturro.
• Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn is sorry that he is the Beavis of the blogosphere.
• UCLA think tank Williams Institute estimates that Texas misses out on $60 million in revenue in not allowing marriage equality.
• A gay Dallasite dies of a Xanax overdose after 911 communication problem.
• Central Texas parents are fighting back against bigots controlling the education agenda. Paige Schilt is taking AISD to task for recent banning of “And Then Came Tango.”
• Another rad Centex parents are petitioning to make sure benefits for LGBT families are not taken away at Pflugerville ISD.