Kevin Clash faces further allegations, Russel Brand pulls a ratings stunt, and Allen West finally gives up. Today’s AggreGAYtor makes no promises.
• Today marks the Transgender Day of Remembrance, honoring gender diverse persons lost to the violence or transphobia.
• The Austin memorial will be held today on the city hall plaza between 6:30 and 8:00.
• Kevin Clash has resigned as the voice of Elmo as a second man comes forward with underage sex allegations. I'm not sure the air is sweet on Sesame Street anymore.
• Lisa Biron, a lawyer for the homophobic Alliance Defense Fund, has been arrested on child pornography charges. This AggreGAYtor is making me sad.
• Uhm let's see good news good news, shuffle shuffle. The Syracuse City Council extends equality protections to transgender citizens. Yay!
• The Alliance Defending Freedom, a band of misguided masked men whose super powers are primarily the ability to slut shame and ignore science, are telling county clerks to refuse to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples.
• Slithery leather satchel Russell Brand has the Westboro Baptist Church on his show because ratings.
• The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force now recommends HIV testing for everyone age 15 to 65.
• California Rep. Mike Honda calls for LGBT inclusive immigration reform.
• Logo has disclosed the contestants on RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 5. As the kids say, ehmagawd.
• Homophobic tea party spoil sport Allen West finally concedes Florida election to Patrick Murphy, explaining that he is focusing his time on challenging a hotly contested game of Battleship he played against Todd Akin in 2011.
• Splash dancer Matthew Mitcham admits he is a recovering meth addict. Water tweaking might be the most horrifying thing I have ever heard of.
• Oooh. They told you Ken Cuccinelli.
• Although queer-inclusive advertising is a good thing, the GAP ad featuring Rufus Wainwright and husband Jörn Weisbrodt kind of seems off. Maybe it’s because Rufus has a “I just tooted” look on his face. Oh Rufus, you stinker!
• Today’s moment with cranky snowman Bryan Fischer includes the suggestion that gayz should be exorcized.
• Marco Rubio, and extra from High School Musical 3: Senior Year, thinks that progressive voices are silencing conservatives on marriage equality and reproductive rights. He also likes Eminem, so analyze at your leisure.
• News elf Anderson Cooper throws some Twitter shade at an unsuspecting flan fan.
• Here’s how to make a really queer Eagle Scout award. Fun for the whole family!
Copyright © 2014 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.