The AggreGAYtor: November 13
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson, 3:15PM, Tue. Nov. 13, 2012
David Letterman goes through diversity training, Ralph Reed fades into the sunset, and Liza Minelli lands a role. Today’s AggreGAYtor is sweating to the oldies.
• Frank Schubert, a black market Teddy Ruxpin hastily made from scraps of pleated Dockers, insists that marriage equality victories don’t mean a thing.
• The owner of the Miss Pittsburgh is having a rhinestone conniption about similarly named LGBT pageants.
• UPS ends donations to the Boy Scouts over gay exclusion.
• Trans woman is suing the U.S. Bureau of Land Management for excessive force in park dispute.
• Evil ventriloquist’s dummy Gary Bauer contends that the GOP can win Latino voters by doubling down on the homophobia.
• The billboard for a LA-based online gay talk show keeps getting defaced. Suspects range from graffiti artists who have taken up interest in abstract expressionism to a giant who really likes Craig and Robbie.
• Mystical tree elf Anderson Cooper explains the gay to David Letterman.
• If the AggreGAYtor could figure out how to link this article to a sound file of “Tubular Bells,” he would. For now, just lightly hum it while imagining members of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops hovering in the air like white-collared grackles.
• LGBTQIA drivers who want a little license plate pizzazz should be advised that “BEARJEW,” “RAMITNU,” and “MUFDVR” have all been banned in Kansas.
• Like the gold finish on a pair of Forever 21 chandelier earrings, Ralph Reed’s luster is fading.
• Celebrate 90’s butt cuts with this recently resurfaced gay commercial from Guiness.
• Speaking of ads, Marc Jacobs is a wanker.
• The LDS church bars gay-straight alliance choir from having rehearsals in ward meetinghouse, but in the most polite way imaginable.
• The Human Rights Campaign issues equality index on Jewish community organizations.
• Support for criminalizing homosexuality is growing in Swaziland.
• The AggreGAYtor wants to form a girl group with first-love Meghan Rapinoe and Cantonese pop star Denise Ho, which has very little to do with the linked story but I’m hung over.
• Here’s Jon Stewart arguing with a giant butternut squash about gay marriage.
• Liza Minelli, who invented homosexuality while having a particularly productive brunch with Halston, will be playing the role of “Liza Minelli” on TV’s “Smash.”
• During Sunday’s game, Brendon Ayanbadejo graciously accepted props from several Raiders for work on Maryland marriage equality.
• Partygoers at tonight’s totally rad, totally free bestravaganza might see the AggreGAYtor act a fool. It happens.