The AggreGAYtor: November 12
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
3:30PM, Mon. Nov. 12, 2012
Allen West refuses to give in, Elton John adds to his collection, and Queen Latifah may be ready to divulge her secrets. In a 90’s kind of world, today’s AggreGAYtor is glad its got my girls.
• Speaker of Parliament Rebecca Kadaga promises passage of the “kill the gays” bill by December as a “Christmas gift” to Ugandan Christians.
• This naturally made her the perfect choice to head a human-rights conference in London.
• The sore losers at the National Organization for Marriage plan to retaliate against Starbuck’s for support of marriage equality.
• French mayor cancels same-sex wedding after being threatened with violence.
• It’s good to see Christians and Muslims uniting together for comm wait, that’s not good at all.
• The art of graceful defeat: GOP edition. Allen West refuses to admit lossin Florida, bizarrely explaining “I know you are but what am I.”
• Tossed aside poopy diaper Janice Daniels says she didn’t want that stupid mayorship anyhow.
• Westboro sweetheart Jack Wu blamed his loss on lack of money.
• And Maine equality foes believe if at first you don't succeed, set yourself up for a humiliating crushing.
• Number crunchers think that the LGBT vote might have put President Obama on top in Florida.
• GOProud garden slug Jimmy LaSalvia laments that Republicans did not do a good job of reaching out to LGBT voters. To be fair, Mitt Romney did offer to draw a map of his top ten Massachusetts glory holes, but that's just not enough for today's electorate.
• Denmark’s Odense Zoo is passing out cigars to celebrate two male King Penguins becoming fathers. While the AggreGAYtor admits that encouraging penguins to smoke is probably not a good idea, it would still be cute to dress them up as tiny Don Corleones.
• Never ones to miss a trend, Madonna fan club president Elton John and hubbie David Furnish are having another baby.
• Philadelphia breaks ground on LGBT senior housing project with adorable rainbow shovels.
• Florida teacher is investigated for turning student into a lesbian. Assumedly the teacher did so by showing her photographs of Megan Rapinoe, Queerlandia’s Minister of Conversion.
• I hope the reports that Queen Latifah plans to come out on her talk show are true. I also hope that she does it by reworking the lyrics to the “Living Single” theme, but that seems far more unlikely.
• Seattle Sounders defender Marc Burch is fined for using unspecified gay slur. He probably said "fag," but wouldn't it have been more fun if he said "sperm burper?" No?
• Oregon is slated to become the next state to take up marriage equality debate.
• Fox News' Tricia Macke , the living embodiment of a white zinfandel spritzer, goes mean girl on Rachel Maddow.
• Writer and activist Brandon Lacy Campos has passed at 35.
• Conservative blogger alleges he was fired for pro-marriage equality editorial.
• Flowbee whisperer Robert Pattinson will consider a new Twilight movie if Edward is made even more sparkly.
• Elmo’s alleged affair with an underage male rocks Sesame Street.
• Being a friend of Dorothy is not without its privileges.
• AISD cancels performances of UT adaptation of “And Then Came Tango” due to concerns that student’s may embrace tolerance.