The AggreGAYtor: November 9
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
3:15PM, Fri. Nov. 9, 2012
David Arquette gets pumped up, Ron Johnson snarks on Tammy Baldwin, and Daniel Craig insists Bond is all about Pussy Galore. Our asylums are full of people who think they're today’s AggreGAYtor.
• Austin’s queer bar scene keeps expanding with The Basement and ’Bout Time II recently opening. We are hoping that ‘Bout Time II will be keeping Charlie’s free Thanksgiving tradition. Keep checking back to the Gay Place for more info.
• The Q will definitely he holding their potluck Thanksgiving celebration on Wednesday the 21st.
• Just when we thought all the champagne corks have been popped, all the balloon drops have been, uhm, dropped, and all the confetti has been carefully gathered and returned to Rip Taylor, more frosting keeps being added to the moist queerlection cake. Stories keep appearing about firsts, like Nashua New Hampshire electing Stacie Laughton, the state’s first trangender representative.
• Colorado Dems gave the seal of approval to Mark Ferrandino, the state’s first out Speaker of the House.
• Stu Rasmussen, the nation’s first genderqueer mayor, handily won his fifth term.
• New Jersey activists say they aren’t interested in adding marriage equality to a public referendum because civil rights should not be put to a vote. Hear hear!
• Failed MBA candidate Ron Johnson offers to explain the budget to mathlete Tammy Baldwin.
• The bitter tears of Greta Van Susteren.
• David Cameron worries that pedophilia scandal rocking the Conservative Party might turn into a “witch-hunt” for gays, although he is the only mentioning gays in the first place.
• West Virginia’s Rev. Ron Stoner feels “deceived” that a job candidate turned out to be a lesbian. He may have a point. I know I start all my job interviews with "hi, I'm a fag."
• University of Northern Iowa students are railing against poster in opposition to planned university LGBT center.
• Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, the Vatican’s favorite drunk driving party priest, is nonplussed about marriage equality victories.
• In this year’s least shocking headline, an ex-gay minister is accused of fondling his flock. Ewe badumpdump.
• Not cute.
• Tuxedoed pecan sandy Daniel Craig insists James Bond has never seen Dr. No’s no-no.
• Just for a hot minute, the AggreGAYtor would like to inhabit the mind of people like the Family Research Council’s Tom McClusky to find out why they are so shivery scared of the big queer horde. What does Tom see from those Rovian wire-framed glasses? Let’s take a look now. Yikes – that is scary!
• Luridly painted novelty life preserver Teresa Giudice is still on her “Joe is so NOT a homophobe” tour.
• Uhm, this tweeted pic of David Arquettewearing something out of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser makes me feel really funny. Really, really funny.
• Jonah Hill and CNN gaynchor (sorry) Don Lemon are a’feudin and a’fussin’.
• newly elected gay AISD board member Jayme Mathias is criticized for keeping mum on sexuality during campaign.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Jan. 19, 2017
Jan. 13, 2017
News, Jayme Mathia, AISD, 'Bout Time II, The Basement, The Q, Mark Ferrandino, Stu Rasmussen, Marriage Equality, Ron Johnson, Tammy Baldwin, David Cameron, University of Northern Iowa, Conversion Therapy, Closet Cases, Tom McClusky, Family Research Council, Teresa Giudice, Joe Giudice, David Arquette