The AggreGAYtor: October 8
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson, 3:45PM, Mon. Oct. 8, 2012
Ann Romney has an awkward moment, Antonin Scalia runs his mouth, and Ricky Martin is dubiously honored. Today’s AggreGAYtor will wear you out, livin’ la vida loca.
• The wacky hausfrau’s at One Million Moms are at it again – this time making a stink about the unaired Jennifer Lopez lesbidrama.
• Transgender woman is ordered to vacate Evergreen State College in violation of Washington’s equal access laws.
• Good Morning America’s Sam Champion becomes the latest in the long line of out journalists.
• Which might make things a little uncomfortable when NOM cheerleader Ann Romney co-hosts.
• Indiana goober-natorial candidate Mike Pence wants to help poor people as long as they stop sword fighting and donut bumping.
• People like Pence may be why a statewide ban on gay marriage seems likely.
• Noted hayseed, Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, says that gay marriage will be the "ultimate destruction of our country." Apparently when enough same-sex couples say ‘I do,” the hellmouth will open up and swallow us all.
• No worries – we are still safe in the short run. First gay marriage has to bring about the demon hordes of socialism and communism. Whew! socialism and communism. Whew!
• Justice Antonin Scalia is an ass.
• The Associated Press runs out of angles to discuss marriage equality.
• The transgender victim of a recent British Columbia homicide has been identified.
• New research may allow same-sex couples to avoid those pesky heteros when starting a family.
• A bunch of straight, white men meet to affirm that homosexuality is sinful.
• Michigan State Representative Tom McMillin wants to help hapless homos.
• South Africa officially recognizes gay flag as a national symbol.
• Tea Party Congressman Scott Tipton thinks that ENDA is a pretty good idea. The AggreGAYtor is going back to sleep until the world makes sense again.
• In the Ferrari or Jaguar, switchin’ four lanes. With the top down screamin out – marriage equality ain't a thang.
• GLAAD is happy about this fall’s crop of LGBT characters.
• Gaga wins the LennonOno Grant for Peace. It’s sort of like the Noble Peace Prize, except you don’t have to do anything to get it. Get your paws down – I’m just joking.
•Really HuffPo? Ricky Martin is your LGBT History Month icon? Ricky Martin who once invented a girlfriend (presumably her skin was the color mocha) for a Rolling Stone interview is your icon. I know he’s done some advocacy work post coming out, but it would be nice to see someone who has made history for being more than a celebrity who put out a press release.
• For example – the nameless activists who bravely held Serbia Pride despite opposition from the government and violent homophobia.
• San Antonio College is celebrating Coming Out Week.