The AggreGAYtor: October 4
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
1:10PM, Thu. Oct. 4, 2012
James Franco debuts his “art film,” P!NK panders to her gay audience, and Michelle Bachmann continues to get on people’s nerves. Today’s AggreGAYtor is like a roller coaster, baby. I want to ride.
• Dan Cathy, a sentient gizzard stone regurgitated by Foghorn Leghorn, is still clucking about “biblical marriage.”
• Queens New York student accuses school of biphobia for barring her from wearing t-shirt. While public educators are notoriously squicky on pro-LGBT sentiments, I can’t help thinking that any other student wearing an “enjoy vagina” shirt would have been sent home too.
• Ultimate Fighting Championship head Dana White is still very sorry about using f-word in vlog.
• Michelle Bachmann, the failed prototype for the American Girl doll, causes a stir at pro-LGBT synagogue.
• GLAAD ♥s JC Penny.
• Detroit police are looking for leads on the assault of lesbian couple.
• Atlanta man who set fire to gay man’s crotch given a slap on the wrist.
• The ACLU is fighting school software that blocks student access to non-explicit LGBTQIA sites.
• Ubiquitous homo-aspirant James Franco debuts trailer for his artsy porno.
• The San Francisco Bay Guardian tries its hand at writing lesbian pulp fiction.
• Vancouver school refuses to apologize for captioning ex-student’s picture with “fag.”
• Sahara Davenport’s cause of death was heart failure.
• Marketing firm publishes the shocking news that gay men and lesbians like to have fun.
• Alleged butt-chugging frat boy couldn’t have possibly butt-chugged because that would be totally gay.
• Although P!NK claims she is a "honorary lesbian,” she really wants you to know she’s not an actual lesbian.
• Texas panhandle gay couple victimized by anti-gay graffiti blame local preachers recent homophobic screed.
LGBTQIA HERSTORY CLUB: There are few folks in the world more badass than Sylvia Rivera. She was on the front lines at Stonewall and helped found the Gay Liberation Front, the Gay Activists Alliance, and Street Transgender Action Revolutionaries. Throughout her life, she fought for the most marginalized members of our community – including the homeless – which often put her at odds against the assimilationist agendas of mainstream groups like the HRC. Without Rivera, it is difficult to imagine events like Queerbomb or New York’s Drag March would exist. Learn it and learn it well.
BONUS CLIP: Sniff, sniff
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
March 24, 2017
March 20, 2017
News, P!NK, Michelle Bachmann, Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A, DOMA, Queer Immigration, Domestic Violence, James Franco, Hate Crime, Homophobia, Bullying, Sahara Davenport, Butt Chugging, Sylvia Rivera, Transgender History, LGBT History Month, Macklemore, Gay Dollar