The AggreGAYtor: September 27
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson, 1:30PM, Thu. Sep. 27, 2012
Sherman Helmsley has no comment, Katey Sagal has plenty to say, and Michelle Bachmann writes down her thoughts. Today’s AggreGAYtor is a pleasure to burn.
• I’m not sure what splitting bologna means, but I’m intrigued.
• Gay sheriff suing Chicago police for discrimination.
• Voter ID laws heavily marginalize transgender Americans.
• Russian politician recommends the eat, pray love approach to homosexual conversion…except you’re not allowed to eat or love. Plenty of prayer though folks, a Las Vegas buffet.
• LGBT and two-spirit equality tool kit is introduced at Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians’ annual convention.
• Girls rule, boys drool says new Boston College study.
• Speaking of NOM, they are continuing the fine right-wing tradition for dubiously redefining rape.
• New Jersey arch
villianbishop denies communion for supporters of LGBTQIA and reproductive rights.
• Buffalo man vandalizes churches with anti-religion and homophobic screeds.
• Hong Kong billionaire offers $65 million to any man able to convert his lesbian daughter. Although this is obviously gross, Gigi and I are now very happy on our own private island. Sometimes we even visit each other’s chateaus to take a few smiling pictures.
• Pro marriage equality ads include everyone but the gays.
• Eastenders actor Gary Lucy talks about sleeplessness before filming gay kiss. Silly Gary, the sleepless night comes after the gay kiss.
• Bullied Oklahoman teen takes own life in front of classmates.
• Probably gay actor Sherman Helmsley is frozen in El Paso pending DNA tests.
• The University of Houston will let anyone speak these days.
• Earlier today, a coalition of LGBTQIA and civil rights groups met to press Austin City Council on marriage equality. You can sign the petition here.