The AggreGAYtor: September 20
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
11:55AM, Thu. Sep. 20, 2012
Mark Foley offers advice, Madonna snarks on Gaga, and Nick Gruber may be paranoid. Come to the AggreGAYtor’s window. I’ll be home soon.
• Although I never trust the “facts” from the flat-earthers at Fox, they certainly know how to be sensational.
• The Scottish male nurse who pretended to be lesbian to prey on forty nine young women has his jail sentence reduced. Really Scotland?
• Maine Superior Court judge hears arguments in transgender restroom rights case.
• Lady Gaga says lookatmelookatmelookatme…LOOK AT ME!
• In other Gags news, the mother monster takes up rapping. Fab Five Freddie must have told her everybody's fly. DJ's spinning; she said my, my.
• The University of Louisiana denies charter to gay fraternity. Although the reasons behind the move are unknown, the frat is not accusing school of homophobia.
• The Red Pen, a Kentucky underground newspaper started as a response to their high-school’s censorship of pro-LGBTQIA stories, has won the Courage in Student Journalism Award.
• Intel, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and Verizon are among the major donors of the anti-gay Boy Scouts, often in direct violation of corporate anti-discrimination policies.
• On the first year anniversary of the lifting of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, the military still treats transgender Americans as second class.
• Meanwhile, gay and lesbian service members are still waiting for benefits for their families.
• Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson and boyfriend get engaged; launch line of marriage equality bow ties.
• Nick Gruber alleges that Calvin Klein has hired a private eye to keep tabs on his former trophy. Apparently, something does come between him and his Calvin.
• San Francisco’s Scott Wiener is proposing public nudity ban in response to popularity of cock rings. Uh huh huh huh…he said wiener.
• Radio bully Shawn Akers calls gay activism a "religion." Although the AggreGAYtor has occasionally been known to kneel, it is hardly in the service of supplication.
• Ruth Bader Ginsburg hints that SCOTUS will take on DOMA within a year. Also, I kind of like to picture Ginsburg roaming the streets of Santa Fe wearing a three yards of turquoise. I think she and Iris Apfel should be besties.
• Mittens Romney is really having a bad news cycle, having been served the latest indignity of receiving campaign advice from Mark “Pageluvah” Foley.
• Former Romney staffer allegedly got a little handsy while Citadel cadet.
• Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado champions LGBT Elder Americans Act.
• The AggreGAYtor is aflutter over the latest selection for the Free and Queer movie night at the ND; searches furiously for his rubber bracelet stockpile.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
April 21, 2017
April 17, 2017
News, Nicky da B, Austin Pride, Fox News, Transgender Rights, Lady Gaga, Madonna, University of Louisiana, The Red Pen, Boy Scouts, Bank of America, Intel, Wells Fargo, Verizon, Olivia Thirlby, Dredd 3D, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Marriage Equality, Scott Wiener