The AggreGAYtor: September 18
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
12:40PM, Tue. Sep. 18, 2012
Mitt Romney drinks it up, Yunel Escobar smears his mascara, and Original Plumbing talks about it. Today’s AggreGAYtor feels the beat from the tambourine.
• Is there such a thing as sweeps week for persnickety advice columns? Discuss.
• The US senate begins confirmation hearings for lesbian judicial candidate Pamela Chen tomorrow.
• Uganda releases British citizen jailed for producing gay play.
• Oh Lil Wayne, we loved every “yeaaauh” for so long, but this time we’re going to have to say no.
• When Sigur Rós’ Jonsi and Hedwig and the Angry Inch’s John Cameron Mitchell meet at a drag show, things get superqueer.
• I’m sorry to break it to the faceless German footballer who recently “came out ” to the press; coming out “anonymously” really isn’t coming out at all. It’s more like making yourself a living blind-item.
• Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar gets a little creative with his make-up.
• San Francisco Gold’s Gyms locations are cutting ties over CEO’s anti-gay donations.
• The pictures of a man thanking President Obama for repealing DADT may beat out kittens in the “awwww” department.
• Asexuals sought for Creating Change Conference panel.
• Mittens Romney gets all his social policy ideas from a triple, heavy foam, Santorum-sized latté.
• The United Nations releases new guide to gender and sexual identity fairness.
• Superextramazing magazine Original Plumbing launches campaign to address queer depression.
• Equality Texas starts database of LGBTQIA-friendly hospitals and clinics.
• Reason number ninety-one for why Austin remains boss? Scroll down to #81 on this week’s city council agenda.
• COUNTDOWN TO PRIDE: Getting ready for Pride can be a drag. There’s gas to put in the bike, leather to oil-down, and a mason jar full of pailettes that just won’t respond to hot glue, goddammit! In times like these, it’s best to let 2012 performer and Draq U alumna Stacey Q do some heavy lifting. Ahhh, that’s better.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
July 22, 2016
July 15, 2016
News, Austin Pride, Stacey Q, Miss Manners, Uganda, Pamela Chen, Lil Wayne, Frank Ocean, Sigur Rós, Jonsi, John Cameron Mitchell, Yunel Escobar, Toronto Blue Jays, Homophobia, Gold's Gym, Don't Ask Don't Tell, President Obama, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, 2012 Election