The AggreGAYtor: September 18
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson, 12:40PM, Tue. Sep. 18, 2012
Mitt Romney drinks it up, Yunel Escobar smears his mascara, and Original Plumbing talks about it. Today’s AggreGAYtor feels the beat from the tambourine.
• Is there such a thing as sweeps week for persnickety advice columns? Discuss.
• The US senate begins confirmation hearings for lesbian judicial candidate Pamela Chen tomorrow.
• Uganda releases British citizen jailed for producing gay play.
• Oh Lil Wayne, we loved every “yeaaauh” for so long, but this time we’re going to have to say no.
• When Sigur Rós’ Jonsi and Hedwig and the Angry Inch’s John Cameron Mitchell meet at a drag show, things get superqueer.
• I’m sorry to break it to the faceless German footballer who recently “came out ” to the press; coming out “anonymously” really isn’t coming out at all. It’s more like making yourself a living blind-item.
• Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar gets a little creative with his make-up.
• San Francisco Gold’s Gyms locations are cutting ties over CEO’s anti-gay donations.
• The pictures of a man thanking President Obama for repealing DADT may beat out kittens in the “awwww” department.
• Asexuals sought for Creating Change Conference panel.
• Mittens Romney gets all his social policy ideas from a triple, heavy foam, Santorum-sized latté.
• The United Nations releases new guide to gender and sexual identity fairness.
• Superextramazing magazine Original Plumbing launches campaign to address queer depression.
• Equality Texas starts database of LGBTQIA-friendly hospitals and clinics.
• Reason number ninety-one for why Austin remains boss? Scroll down to #81 on this week’s city council agenda.
• COUNTDOWN TO PRIDE: Getting ready for Pride can be a drag. There’s gas to put in the bike, leather to oil-down, and a mason jar full of pailettes that just won’t respond to hot glue, goddammit! In times like these, it’s best to let 2012 performer and Draq U alumna Stacey Q do some heavy lifting. Ahhh, that’s better.