The AggreGAYtor: August 1
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
11:44AM, Wed. Aug. 1, 2012
The Village Voice outs George Jefferson, One Million Moms confirm they can’t read, and Pat Robertson gives us a stern talking-to. Today’s AggreGAYtor is a very special episode.
• Ignoring the irony, a Christian New Jersey bed and breakfast tells a lesbian couple that there is no room in the inn.
• Oakland queer youth center is destroyed in fire.
• The thrill of victory: Tilda Swinton lookalike and AggreGAYtor torch lighter Megan Rapinoe whomps North Korea. Yeah, I know Abby Wambach scored the winning goal. So what?
• Due to an apparent circuit malfunction, Mittens Romney organized a very queer Olympics in Salt Lake City.
• De-luxe apartment in the sky: The Village Voice’s Michael Musto outs mourned Jeffersons'actor Sherman Helmsley.
• Deflated weather balloon Pat Robertson thinks the DNC has a “death wish” for adding gay marriage to the platform.
• Missouri lesbian attacked in evident hate crime.
• San Francisco activists work to keep legendary bar the Eagle queer.
• The AggreGAYtor was stunned to find out that Texas has a pansexual feminist House Representative. Cheers to Mary Gonzales.
• Hot-diggity! It’s Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. Your AggreGAYtor plans to celebrate by slathering his naked body in Polynesian sauce and performing Diamanda Galas’ Plague Mass near the drive through. Too much?
• Queers and allies are providing delicious alternatives to the pickle-soaked patties. In NYC, Schnipper's Quality Kitchen will be donating a portion of their profits to Marriage Equality USA. Locally, In addition to the Gay-fil-A offered by Johnnye's, which we reported last week, Austin caterers are set to debut Chick-4-Gays. Sporting heartthrobs Team ProHomo will be taking part in the national Same-Sex Kiss Day. Equality Texas is asking for folks to put the cost of a chicken dinner towards the fight for equality.
• Austin movie production Ultraviolence –A Love Story looks to expand the reaches of queer cinema.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
July 22, 2016
July 15, 2016
News, One Million Moms, Amazon, Sweet Valley High, DOMA, SCOTUS, Supreme Court, Marriage Equality, American Family Association, Associated Press, Daria, 2012 Olympics, Megan Rapinoe, Tilda Swinton, Abby Wambach, Karen Hultzer, Mitt Romney, Defense of Marriage Act, Gore Vidal, Sherman Helmsley