The AggreGAYtor: July 27
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
11:46AM, Fri. Jul. 27, 2012
Target breaks out the confetti, the New York Times discovers drag balls, and Austin foodies stir the pot. Today's AggreGAYtor is more than meets the eye.
• Today in "awww." Queens 5th grader gives pro-gay marriage speech to New York City Council.
• More warm fuzzies: Target debuts same-sex wedding registry ad.
• Runner-up Camp Winton in Sacramento fires an Eagle Scout for being "too gay."
• Florida frenemy Jennifer Carroll apologizes for recent anti-lesbian comments.
• Kudos to the El Paso ISD for adopting an anti-bullying policy that expressly mentions gender identity.
• Activists in the Great Lake State start 100 day hunger strike to protest homophobia in Michigan.
• BONUS BITE: Still lured by the trans-fat siren call of Chick-fil-A? Two Austinites have you covered. Hilah Johnson hacks the (in)famous chicken sandwich in a new video, while Johnnye's East Texas Soul, the new food trailer in the Beauty Ballroom parking lot on Riverside serves up the Gay-fil-A. Gay Placers Kate & Andy give it two enthusiastic clucks UP!
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Jan. 13, 2017
Dec. 30, 2016
News, Chick-fil-A, Johnnye's East Texas Soul, Hilah Johnson, El Paso ISD, Boy Scouts, LGBTQ, Gay Place, Target, Bullying, New York Times, Transformers, Ball Culture, Drag, Paris is Burning, Back to the Future, Jennifer Carroll