The AggreGAYtor: July 27
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson, 11:46AM, Fri. Jul. 27, 2012
Target breaks out the confetti, the New York Times discovers drag balls, and Austin foodies stir the pot. Today's AggreGAYtor is more than meets the eye.
• Today in "awww." Queens 5th grader gives pro-gay marriage speech to New York City Council.
• More warm fuzzies: Target debuts same-sex wedding registry ad.
• Runner-up Camp Winton in Sacramento fires an Eagle Scout for being "too gay."
• Florida frenemy Jennifer Carroll apologizes for recent anti-lesbian comments.
• Kudos to the El Paso ISD for adopting an anti-bullying policy that expressly mentions gender identity.
• Activists in the Great Lake State start 100 day hunger strike to protest homophobia in Michigan.
• BONUS BITE: Still lured by the trans-fat siren call of Chick-fil-A? Two Austinites have you covered. Hilah Johnson hacks the (in)famous chicken sandwich in a new video, while Johnnye's East Texas Soul, the new food trailer in the Beauty Ballroom parking lot on Riverside serves up the Gay-fil-A. Gay Placers Kate & Andy give it two enthusiastic clucks UP!