'My First Place' Is Looking for You
HGTV show casts an eye on Austin
By Anne Harris,
4:44PM, Thu. Jun. 10, 2010
taping first-time homebuyers through all the trials and tribulations of looking for, bidding on, and ultimately buying their first place. Casting will take place within a 60-90 minute radius of Austin from now until the end of summer. Here are some of the criteria we saw in the press release. See if you are the nesting ingenue they seek:
* Must be just beginning the search for the very first home purchase.
* Must be fun, enthusiastic people that are excited about being part of the show,
* Must be willing to share personal and financial rigors with America and consider their lives an open book.
* Must be closing during the Fall of this year.
* Must be buying within a 90-minute radius of downtown Austin.
Singles, couples, and families are all invited to apply. And even if you're a shy first-timer for whom life is already a reality series, check out the site for good advice from the National Association of Realtors, like strategies for kitchen and bathroom renovations.
Homebuyers who would like to be considered for the program should fill out an application at www.highnoontv.com by clicking on the casting tab, then “My First Place”; or contact Megan Golliday at (303)712-3283, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.