The Austin Chronicle

http://www.austinchronicle.com/columns/2014-04-04/oops/

Oops

By Mr. Smarty Pants, April 4, 2014, Columns

In last week's issue, we ran a week-old version of the Mr. Smarty Pants column. Here's the column you missed last week:

Household water use accounts for about 6% of the water that we consume. The other 94% comes from the products we buy.

Some say the world's first burger was served in Athens, Texas, in the late 1880s.

When Gandhi first began his campaign of peaceful resistance, Winston Churchill seethed that he "ought to be lain, bound hand and foot, at the gates of Delhi and then trampled on by an enormous elephant with the new Viceroy seated on its back."

The monokini was originally a topless bathing suit that was "invented" in 1964.

Dennis Hope, head of the Lunar Embassy Corporation, has sold real estate on the moon and other planets to about 3.7 million people so far. He registered a claim for the moon in 1980 with the United Nations but they never answered. The idea of owning land on the moon goes against international law, according to the International Institute of Space Law.

Copyright © 2014 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.