Guess what? Austin bought itself a new musical festival.
Free Week currently matches its just-under-a-fortnight run with as many local venues, so hopping between clubs and music acts now mimics Austin’s March madness.
A dozen marquee bills here act as a Best-of our Friday Club Listings, with that night's show at Emo’s looming large as do inside/outside tag teams at Club de Ville and Mohawk. We don’t need no stinking badges.
• Prey for Sleep, Beyond Gods & Empires, Brink of Disaster (Beauty Ballroom)
• The Preservation, Superlite Bike, EarthTone Players, ThinkNoThink, Blind Tactic, Alkari, Scorpio Rising (Club de Ville inside/outside)
• Los Skarnales, Este Vato, Cinco Doce, Los Bandidos Cósmicos (Flamingo Cantina)
• Emily Wolfe, the Villettes, the Lonesome Heroes (Lamberts)
• The Ugly Beats, Bobby Jealousy, the Ripe (Mohawk inside)
• The Flametrick Subs, Slowtrain, Tump, Dead Strangers (ND at 501 Studios)
• The Golden Boys, Grand Champeen, Stuffies, Unknown Relatives (Red 7 outside)
Want more? Check out our complete Free Week listings.– Raoul Hernandez